Buffalo Chicken Chili
Buffalo Chicken Chili is so easy and has only a few basic ingredients in this slow cooker dinner. Creamy and spicy all in one! This chicken chili is full of flavor but mild enough that the whole family can eat it.
CREAMY BUFFALO CHICKEN CHILI
Thank you for all of your texts and emails wondering about how our house fared during Hurricane Irma. We finally got home last night after being away for 10 days and everything is in tact.
A huge sigh of relief and I’m so grateful for our neighbors who kept an eye on our house and cleaned up all the debris without even being asked.
Yesterday after we left Los Angeles, they had an earthquake and then later today there was a huge earthquake in Mexico. Not to mention Hurricane Maria is out there causing major destruction and of course Harvey.
Mother Nature is raging this year. Is this it? Is this the beginning of the end? I’m half sarcastic, half serious. What. Is. Going. On.
I kind of had a weird moment last time I was visiting Arizona. I was in a bookstore, in the cookbook section obviously, and as I stared at all of the cookbooks I realized that I knew 90% of the authors on the shelf. I mean…that is crazy.
One of the books on the shelf was from my friend Karen from 365 Days of Slow Cooking. She has over six cookbooks and has a new cookbook coming out next week that as all about easy, five ingredient recipes that can be made in the slow cooker.
Slow cooker recipes are my friend this time of year. Hello 3-hour church, followed by a 4 hour game, and coming home to eat dinner immediately following.
I actually helped test out this easy recipe months ago and my whole family absolutely loved it. Usually anything buffalo flavored I can automatically assume will be too spicy for my kids.
Guess what? This totally wasn’t. If you start off with the 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce it just gives it really good flavor. If you’re feeling wild and want more kick, add another 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce at the end.
- CHICKEN THIGHS – You can also use skinless chicken breasts or ground chicken. You can also use leftover rotisserie chicken.
- NORTHERN BEANS – Any type of white beans will work here like cannellini beans or navy beans.
- FIRE-ROASTED TOMATOES
- CREAM CHEESE
- CHICKEN BROTH
It’s really hard to make this look appetizing but believe me, it’s good.
Buffalo sauce and hot sauce are not the same. Hot sauce is more intense. Buffalo sauce is a mix of ingredients.
OTHER CHILI RECIPES:
OTHER BUFFALO CHICKEN RECIPES:
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Spicy Buffalo Chicken and Potato Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes
- Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts), trimmed of excess fat
- 2 (14.5 oz can) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz can) fire roasted tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ - ½ cup buffalo wing sauce, start with ¼ cup and add more at end if needed
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Blue cheese crumbles, optional
- celery slices, optional
- Combine the chicken, beans, tomatoes with their juice, broth, 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and stir into the slow cooker. Remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred with two forks. Return chicken to the slow cooker.
- When the cream cheese is melted ladle into bowls and serve. Top with blue cheese crumbles, cheddar cheese, or tortilla chips, and serve with celery sticks if desired.