This five ingredient Ham and Swiss Stromboli is filled with ham, Swiss cheese, bacon and green onions. The combo of flavors is delicious. This is a dinner I make when we have a busy schedule because it’s so easy.
I’m in Hawaii right now. I know…why am I on my computer while in Hawaii? I couldn’t sleep so I woke up, worked out, and now I’m waiting for the kids to wake up. We only brought our older boys. The rule was if you can swim, dress yourself, and wipe your own bum…you can come to Hawaii. I want to move here. It’s magical. This Ham and Swiss Stromboli graces our table on busy weeknights. The flavors are simple – only 5 ingredients, but together they are really spectacular.
As you can see I used sliced Swiss cheese here instead of shredded. Shredded is definitely easier to roll but use what you have! It all tastes the same.
|Ham and Swiss Stromboli|| |
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll dough into a rectangle on a greased baking sheet. Place ham over dough to within ½ inches of edges of the dough; sprinkle evenly with onions, bacon and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- With a sharp knife, cut several ¼-in.-deep slits on top of loaf. Bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before slicing. Serve warm.
Source: slightly adapted from Taste of Home. I used less green onions.