One-Pan Monterey Chicken Pasta
One-Pan Monterey Chicken Pasta is a quick weeknight dinner inspired by the Monterey Chicken at Chili’s restaurant! Chicken, pasta, BBQ sauce, cheese, and bacon make this pasta the ultimate comfort food and all in one-pan.
ONE-PAN MONTEREY CHICKEN PASTA
At the end of the year we usually take the whole family out to dinner to celebrate good grades and they get to pick their place of choice. They always pick Chili’s. I’ll be honest, I’m a fan of their chips and salsa, but most of their food…not so much.
Their Monterey Chicken is one of their most popular dishes. Chicken, BBQ sauce, cheese, bacon, and tomatoes…what’s not to like. You know what makes it even better? Making it in pasta form.
All this magic happens in one 12-inch pan. Make sure it has a lip so you have plenty of room. Add you tomatoes and pasta. Any small pasta shape will do.
Next, pour in some chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
After it’s cooked, we are going to add some BBQ sauce and rotisserie chicken.
Finish it off with some cheese, crispy bacon, and green onions.
Come to mama!
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES
- 12 ounces bowtie pasta, (or other small pasta)
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles undrained
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, (I like better than Bouillon base)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- In a 12-inch skillet, add the pasta, tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook pasta for 10-15 minutes, stirring every once in a while to make sure all parts of the pasta are covered and cooking.
- Once pasta is tender, remove lid, stir in the chicken, and heat for a couple of minutes until heated through and excess liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in BBQ sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and cover with lid until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with bacon and green onions. Serve immediately!