It’s about time for a giveaway. I just wanted to say thank you for all your comments and support. Thanks for sending me your yummy recipes and trying out mine. Since it’s St. Patrick’s Day I thought I would give away these green stoneware bakers found at Sur La Table.These dishes would be great for Easter coming up. I want to buy some for myself! Just leave a comment before Thursday night at 10:00 PM (EST) to qualify for the giveaway. Only one entry per person. If you feel comfortable leave your email address or if you don’t I will find a way to track you down. Duh…duh…dunnnnn.
This giveaway is closed.
|St. Patrick’s Day Giveaway and BYU Mint Brownies|| |
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup white sugar
- 1¾ cup flour
- ½ Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 12 oz. chocolate icing (Use your own icing recipe or purchase some chocolate frosting.)
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- dash of salt
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-2 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and mix in cocoa. Allow to cool. Add honey, eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Add nuts. Pour batter into a greased 9-by-13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool.
- Prepare mint icing: Soften butter. Add salt, corn syrup, and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and fluffy. Add mint extract and food coloring. Mix. Add milk gradually until the consistency is a little thinner than cake frosting.
- Spread mint icing over brownies. Place brownies in the freezer for a short time to stiffen the icing (very important step I realized since I was impatient). Remove from the freezer and carefully add a layer of chocolate icing. We liked ours stored cold in the refrigerator or you can store them at room temperature.