Hot Reuben Dip
This Hot Reuben Dip with layers of corned beef and sauerkraut is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day.
I know that this Hot Reuben Dip isn’t for everyone, but if you love corned beef and sauerkraut you will love this.
HOT REUBEN DIP
Thanksgiving and Christmas are holidays that are always filled with food that I look forward to all year long. St. Patrick’s Day, on the other hand, has always left me wanting in the food department.
I’ve never been too excited about corned beef and sauerkraut but I try to keep an open mind about food. My husband is obsessed with Reuben sandwiches so when I saw this dip I thought it was a sure bet to earn some points with my hubby.
I’ve actually never had a Reuben sandwich but my husband and friends we had over for game night vouched that it tastes just like one.
Hot Reuben Dip for St. Patrick’s Day
This Hot Reuben Dip with layers of corned beef and sauerkraut is perfect for St. Patrick's Day.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1½ cups 6 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces deli sliced corned beef chopped
- ½ cup Thousand Island dressing
- ½ cup drained sauerkraut my family liked a little more...around 3/4 cup
- cocktail size rye bread squares I found mine in the deli section
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of Swiss cheese, the dressing and chopped corned beef. Spread in a pie plate or other shallow serving dish. Top with the sauerkraut and the remaining ½ cup of Swiss cheese.
3. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges. Serve on cocktail-size rye bread squares.
Source: Brown Eyed Baker
Notes: Just ask your deli for sliced corned beef then give it a chop before you add it to the dip.