A Walking Taco are a deconstructed taco made right in the bag of chips. Great for parties and potlucks! If you’ve ever wondered how to make a Walking Taco bar, this easy Mexican dinner is way easier than you think. This is the perfect party food great for football games or birthday parties.
EASY WALKING TACOS RECIPE
If you’ve ever bought one of those huge variety packs of snack sized chips, what’s always the last kind of chip left in the bag? The Frito bag.
Maybe these aren’t new to you, but I first heard about Walking Tacos from my sister Shelly. The whole concept is that these are tacos on the run…or walk.
WHAT ARE WALKING TACOS?
Walking tacos are where you take a snack sized bag of Fritos (or any type of chips) and crush them up. Open the bag and fill it with taco meat and all of your favorite taco toppings.
Then you’re free to roam, work the crowd, or watch the game without being tied down to a table.
The best part is that there are no plates and easy cleanup. Use a disposable fork or if you’re feeling fancy, a plastic fork from IKEA.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE WALKING TACOS
WHAT KIND OF CHIPS DO I USE?
OTHER TACO RECIPES
OTHER POTLUCK RECIPES
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Cafe Rio Pork Salad
- Baked Ziti
- Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells
- BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (1 ounce) taco seasoning packet, or this homemade taco seasoning
- 6-8 snack sized bags of Fritos or Doritos
- Suggested Toppings:
- black beans
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- In a large skillet, brown beef or turkey over medium heat and drain the fat. Add the onion to the meat and sautee a couple of minutes until soft. Add the taco seasoning along with 1/2 cup of water and simmer until water is absorbed. If serving immediate pour in a bowl. You can also combine the meat and black beans if you want and keep them warm in a slow cooker.
- Crush your chips with your hands and open your bag. Add your beef mixture and whatever toppings you desire. Eat with a fork as you walk around!