These Walking Tacos are tacos made right in the bag. Great for parties and potlucks! If you’ve ever wondered how to make Walking Tacos, it’s way easier than you think.
If you’ve ever bought one of those huge variety packs of snack sized chips, what’s always the last kind of chip left in the bag? The Fritos.
Maybe these aren’t new to you, but I first heard about Walking Tacos from my sister Shelly. The whole concept is that these are tacos on the run…or walk.
Take a snack sized bag of Fritos or Doritos and crush them up. Open the bag and fill it with taco meat and all of your favorite taco toppings.
Then you’re free to roam, work the crowd, or watch the game without being tied down to a table.
The best part is that there are no plates and easy cleanup. Use a disposable fork or if you’re feeling fancy, a plastic fork from IKEA.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1 ounce taco seasoning packet or this homemade taco seasoning
- 6-8 snack sized bags of Fritos or Doritos
- Suggested Toppings:
- black beans
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- ranch/salsa mixture (1:1 ratio prepared ranch dressing and your favorite salsa)
- Brown beef or turkey and drain the fat. Add the onion to the meat and sautee a couple of minutes until soft. Add the taco seasoning along with 1/2 cup of water and simmer until water is absorbed. If serving immediate pour in a bowl. You can also combine the meat and black beans if you want and keep them warm in a slow cooker.
- Crush your chips with your hands and open your bag. Add whatever toppings you desire and eat with a fork as you walk around! I always drizzle it with my ranch/salsa mixture.