These Texas Tacos are a Tex-Mex twist on your classic taco. It’s filled with taco meat, bell peppers, onions, diced tomatoes, and corn all in a nacho cheese shell. You’ll love this quick dinner.
Every Halloween I make this Chicken Taco Soup as a savory meal to balance out all of that sugar. That chili was the inspiration for these Texas Tacos. As we all know, Tex-Mex dishes are a little less non-traditional and cater towards the southwestern influence in cooking. These Texas Tacos are filled with of course taco meat, but also green peppers, diced tomatoes, and corn to give it that Texas twist.
I thought these would be excellent in the bold cheddar flavor of the Old El Paso Nacho Cheese Taco Shells.
Start by dicing some red bell pepper and onion. You can use whatever color pepper you have on hand.
Next, brown up the meat with the pepper and onion. Add the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, and corn.
And…you’re done. Wasn’t that easy? Fill your warm shells up with the mixture.
Top with sour cream, cheese, and cilantro.
OTHER TACO RECIPES:
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Taco
- Barbacoa Tacos
- Salsa Verde Beef Tacos
- Green Chile Turkey Tacos
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Feta Cream
- 1 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, diced finely
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14.5 oz can) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- Toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro
- In a large skillet, brown the beef, bell pepper, and onion until done and no longer pink. Drain.
- Add the taco seasoning and stir to combine. Add the diced tomatoes and corn. Simmer until the mixture is heated through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture into warmed shells and top with desired toppings.
We made these for dinner tonight. They were easy and yummy. I love the extra veggies and the veggies make the meat go further.
I love tacos. These look delish
WE ARE TACO LOVERS IN MY HOSEHOLD – WE LOVE TACOS WITH MEAT AND WITH Spaghetti
just had tacos last night. your look delish!
Yum these look great
Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!
My family LOVES taco night and I just don’t have them frequently enough!
These tacos look amazing and easy to make (which is good for me!!) Thanks!
Looks delicious, will be making soon
Will be making soon, looks delicious
Looks delicious, will be making soon!
These look delicious! And the shells reminds me of nacho cheese Doritos
Can’t wait to try!
Great looking dish, yummy.
Cannot wait to try these out! Those look so much fancier than normal tacos with just ground beef! Also, nacho cheese shells?!?! Even if I don’t win, I’ve got to try those out!
We love taco night!
I can’t wait to try the nacho cheese version of the shells. They sound so yummy.