These Turtle Tassies are made up of caramel, chocolate, and nuts in a sugar cookie cup.
- 1 Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- butter and egg called for on the pouch
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 14 ounce bags caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make dough according to package directions. Make 36 (1-inch) balls. Press each ball into a the bottom of each mini muffin cup and press up the sides.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until edges just start to brown. Meanwhile in a small saucepan place unwrapped caramels and cream and heat until melted. Reduce heat to low.
- Remove pans from oven. Using the back of wooden spoon press down the sides and bottom of each cup to flatten being careful not to make holes.
- Bake for 2 minutes more. Remove from oven and immediately place 4-5 chocolate chips in each cup.
- Spoon about 1 Tablespoon of caramel into each cup and immediately top with pecans and slightly press them down. Cool for five minutes then remove with narrow spatula or a knife.
Source: Betty Crocker