Antipasto Salad is filled with fresh ingredients like Genoa salami, pepperoni, black olives, provolone, grape tomatoes, red onions, artichoke hearts, and pepperoncini peppers. This Italian salad is filling, keto-friendly, and delicious!
ITALIAN ANTIPASTO SALAD RECIPE
Whenever we go to a potluck and are asked to bring a side dish I always bring something that could easily double as an entree just to make sure we all walk away full. My husband is living the Keto lifestyle and so I try to bring something Keto-friendly that he can fill up on like this flavorful salad.
Think of your favorite Italian sandwich in salad form with crisp romaine and this is it!
WHAT IS ANTIPASTO?
Antipasto platters are often the traditional first course of an Italian meal. Typical ingredients of an antipasto salad platter include cured meats, olives, pepperoncini, artichoke hearts, various cheeses, pickled meats, and vegetables in oil or vinegar.
- Use fresh mozzarella cheese or mozzarella pearls instead of provolone.
- Use mini pepperoni or any Italian meats. Turkey pepperoni would be a great healthy option.
- Add some roasted red peppers, banana peppers, or chopped bell pepper.
- Use green olives kalamata olives instead of black.
- Any tomato will work here I just like the texture of grape or cherry tomatoes.
- You could even add any kind of white bean like a can of chickpeas.
FEEDING A CROWD?
If you’re feeding a crowd and need to bulk up this easy salad, add some cooked and cooled pasta and toss with all of the ingredients. Now you have an antipasto pasta salad.
WHAT DRESSING DO I USE?
To be honest, there are a lot of really good simple Italian dressing for sale out there at the grocery store and most of them are low-carb. I like the Olive Garden copycat dressing (sold in the dressing aisle and Costco) and Marie’s Parmesan Italian dressing.
If you want to make your own homemade vinaigrette you can simple whisk together equal parts olive oil and red wine vinegar.
OTHER SALAD RECIPES:
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- Crunchy Pea Salad
- Cobb Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
- Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad
- Frito Corn Salad
- Potato Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Pizza Pasta Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
Antipasto Salad is filled with salami, pepperoni, olives, provolone, tomatoes, red onion, and pepperoncinis. This Italian salad is filling and delicious! It's such a hearty salad it could be a main course.
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, diced
- 4 ounces marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup olives (about 3 ounces)
- 2 ounces hard salami, diced
- 2 ounces pepperoni, quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncinis
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (more to taste)
In a large shallow salad bowl, add the romaine and layer all of the rest of the ingredients. Toss together with your favorite Italian dressing and enjoy.
All recipes are approximate.
To be honest, there are a lot of really good Italian dressings out there. I like the Olive Garden copycat dressing (sold in the dressing aisle and Costco) and Marie's Parmesan Italian dressing. Use your favorite Italian dressing or a homemade Italian dressing.