Baked Parmesan Caesar Chicken
This Baked Parmesan Caesar Chicken is an easy chicken dinner that can be pulled together in minutes.
BAKED PARMESAN CAESAR CHICKEN
The last two weeks have been intense. I’ve been trying to finish up my cookbook and hit the deadline to my publisher. Even though I’ve been working on it since the summer, there are some things that just can’t be done until the end.
I’ve been pulling really late nights. I don’t think there was a single night in the last two weeks that I went to bed before 2AM.
The night before the manuscript was due I didn’t go to bed at all. I haven’t done that since college. My kids came down to go to school in the morning and there I was still plugging away.
I wore the same clothes for two days and the only time I stopped was to nurse or to eat whatever my husband was making me eat.
I knew it was bad when my 4-year-old looked at me funny and said, “Mom,…did you go swimming?”
“Why is your hair all wet?“, he asked confused.
“Because mommy needs to wash it.” And this is coming from the girl who washes her hair everyday religiously even though I’ve been told how bad it is for your hair. Now that’s serious. And I can’t believe I told you that.
Being slightly burned out and still having to feed my family, I wanted to make something REALLY simple for dinner that didn’t hurt my brain.
The best recipes are usually the ones that you have memorized. This Parmesan Caesar Chicken comes from my niece-in-law (yup that’s a thing) Aimee who worked at a reception center in Utah where they served this chicken. She’s actually has her culinary arts degree and is a great cook.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Chicken Parmesan Roll-Ups
- One-Pan Cheesy, Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice
- One-Pan Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Skillet
- One-Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice
- One-Pan Monterey Chicken Pasta
- Baked Parmesan Caesar Chicken
- One-Pot Bacon Broccoli Pasta
- One-Pan Baked Ziti Skillet
- Tomato Basil Chicken Quinoa
- One-Pan Chicken and Spinach Orzo
Baked Parmesan Caesar Chicken
Parmesan and Caesar seasoning add a new twist to crunchy oven-baked chicken.
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar dressing I like Gardini's and Brianna's Asiago Caesar
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing the actual dressing, not the mix. Like Kraft's Zesty Italian
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese or grated
- 1 cup garlic crouton crumbs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a food processor or blender crush croutons until fine crumbs.
In a shallow bowl combine the Caesar and Italian dressings. Set aside.
In another shallow bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese and crouton crumbs. You can use grated Parmesan if you don't have shredded.
Take each chicken breast and dredge it in the dressing mixture and then roll it in the crumb mixture. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is done.
The measurements are approximate. You just need equal parts Caesar/Italian dressing and equal parts Parmesan cheese/garlic crouton crumbs.
Also, whenever I cook chicken that has a crumb mixture I prefer to cook it on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet so that the crumb mixture doesn't get soggy.
Source: Aimee at The Level 3 Chef