Tomato Basil Salmon
Thank you Crystal from Dangerously Delicious for sharing this Tomato Basil Salmon!
This Tomato Basil Salmon won our hearts from the first bite. It’s super simple, gluten free and bursting with Italian flavor! A perfect weeknight meal that, from start to finish, takes 15 minutes!
Whenever I say I’m making salmon for dinner, excitement is always heard from 4 of my children. One child, the same child who doesn’t like dipping sauces, is never happy. Our favorite salmon recipe is a Rosemary Ranch Salmon and a close second is a Honey Balsamic Salmon.
Because I’m always on the hunt for delicious, healthy recipes- I have taken it upon myself to make other salmon dishes that this particular child might like. I usually make one of our favs AND some other new recipe that I serve him because he says he “hates my salmon recipe”. (eyes rolling) Whatever.
He is a good sport about trying the new recipes, and also knows he has to eat it. I can say that I, personally, haven’t been a fan of any of the other recipes I’ve made UNTIL now. When I made this Tomato Basil Salmon this week with the Rosemary Ranch Salmon, we ALL wanted to eat the new recipe only…well, almost all of us (picky eaters are the worst!).
This salmon has SO much flavor and blends so well with the fish. The roasted tomatoes are my favorite! Cause anything that is roasted is better, right!?
From prep to finish, this main course only took me about 15 minutes which makes it the perfect weeknight meal! Seriously, the goal by 6 o’clock is to get the kids fed, washed and in bed as fast as possible because this mama is DONE. And it’s usually because I haven’t showered or brushed my teeth all day and can’t stand my own stench. Not because I need alone time…never! I’m sure many of you can relate! ugh
I used dried basil, mostly for convenience, I’m sure fresh would be superb!
Tomato Basil Salmon
- 4 fresh salmon filets
- kosher salt
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- dried basil
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- vine ripe tomatoes , sliced (at least 2 per filet)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub filets with kosher salt, rinse and pat dry. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top of fish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder, then with basil.
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese and add sliced tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil on top of tomatoes and cheese. Season tomatoes with a dash of salt, then add more cheese on top of tomatoes.
- Bake for 10 minutes on middle rack, then move to top rack and broil for approx 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and tomatoes have golden edges.