Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups
Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups – easy, healthy, and filling! Spinach and ricotta rolled up in cooked lasagna noodles. Only 224 calories per roll! If you’re looking for a healthy dinner recipe, these rolls are for you!
SPINACH LASAGNA ROLL UPS
The Donut Effect. There’s a little something I like to call the “Donut Effect”.
I eat pretty healthy most of the time. I feel like I’m always trying to convince you guys of that since you’ve seen what I post on here, but I really do.
Don’t get me wrong…I treat myself everyday to a little something.
But when I’ve been really watching it for a while I inevitably break down and indulge in something sweet…like a donut.
So good! So I think “Wow that was so good and I didn’t even gain any weight. I actually lost 2 pounds.”
So the next day, I eat four cookies. That probably won’t affect me at all either since the donut didn’t so I won’t even bother weighing myself today.
And even if I did gain weight, I lost weight yesterday so it’s all good.
The next day it’s brownies…but just half a pan…
From there, it’s pretty much a downward spiral.
OTHER ITALIAN RECIPES:
- Lasagna Cups
- Easy Baked Ziti
- Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells
- Pizza Rolls
- Taco Lasagna
- Pizza Monkey Bread
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- salt and fresh pepper
- optional 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 32 oz marinara sauce
- 9 Tablespoons part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°. Make sure you drain the spinach well. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, Italian seasonings, chicken, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry by patting them with a paper towel. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over a noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 Tablespoon of mozzarella cheese. Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.
- To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.
Adjust calories and points if you add chicken.
adapted from Skinny Taste
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 776mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 16g