Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu
This Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu is a twist on the classic dish. Grilling the chicken adds a smoky flavor that complements the ham and cheese. The chicken is brushed with a Dijon mustard glaze that pulls the whole dish together.
This post has been sponsored by Tyson® Fresh Chicken and I have been compensated. All opinions are my own.
You didn’t think grilling season was over, did you? We grill all year long here in Florida and I’ve become quite proficient at the grill. I know many of you ladies out there are intimidated by the grill. Trust me. It’s not that scary and once you learn how you will be so glad you did. I learned because I was sick of waiting until my husband got home from work to start dinner. Today I’m sharing a recipe for Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu. I know you’re thinking, “Why do I need to grill that?”
I’m telling you that when you grill chicken it adds that subtle smoky flavor that compliments the ham and cheese flavors found inside traditional Chicken Cordon Bleu.
I’m particular about some things when I cook. First of all, my meat has to be top of the line. It’s just not worth it to me to skimp on quality.
I use Tyson Fresh Chicken because it’s the next best thing to being fresh off the farm, because it’s all natural with no added hormones or steroids and arrives at your store fresh, delivered within days from leaving the farm. They’ve been producing chicken raised by family farmers for over 75 years. I’ve been using Tyson Fresh Chicken since I first started cooking. Tyson Fresh Chicken makes it easy for the home cook by hand-trimming each piece for convenience to save time and effort. You can find tons of chicken recipes at PickTysonFresh.com.
Start here by taking a slice of ham and Swiss. Cut a pocket in your chicken breast and place the roll inside. We’re going to baste the chicken with a Dijon mustard glaze. It’s amazing. Trust me. You’re going to want to try this recipe. For more inspiring recipes, check out Tyson.com
Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill to medium heat and oil grates well.
- Using a knife, make a pocket in the thick part of the chicken breast extending the length of the chicken breast without cutting through the sides or the bottom.
- Layer a slice of ham and cheese together and roll it up. Stick the roll in the pocket of the chicken. Repeat with the remaining breasts.
- For the Glaze: In a small bowl, mix the Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Brush the mixture generously on both sides of each chicken breast. Grill chicken for 8-10 minutes per side or until chicken is done, basting occasionally with the remaining glaze while cooking.
*Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients. **Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken.