Caprese Steak Salad
Caprese Steak Salad is a fresh salad filled with balsamic marinated steak, tomatoes, mozzarella, avocado, and basil over a bed of mixed greens.
CAPRESE STEAK SALAD
One of my favorite summer salads is a classic Caprese Salad with tomatoes and mozzarella. Add a balsamic marinated Flat Iron Steak with some sliced avocado, and your taste buds are in for even more of a treat!
This Caprese Steak Salad has protein for a delicious and light, yet satisfying dish that’s sure to be a hit at your next BBQ!
The marinade for this steak is a balsamic vinaigrette that can double as a dressing for the salad. It’s balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic.
Before adding the marinade to the beef, set aside half of the marinade to be your salad dressing. Use a resealable plastic bag or a glass bowl for marinating. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Grill to your desired level of doneness. Keep in mind that you will want to remove the steak from the grill when the thermometer reads 5°F lower than your desired temperature because on average the temperature of your steak will rise 5°F as it continues to rest off the grill. Here are some tips on How to Grill the Perfect Steak.
- Medium Rare: 145°F – warm red center
- Medium: 160°F – warm pink center
- Well Done: 170°F – little or no pink.
One thing I love about this marinade is that it gives the steak a beautiful dark caramelized crust when it’s grilled.
This steak salad is the perfect combination of sweet tomatoes, savory sliced Flat Iron Steak, avocados, and creamy mozzarella.
OTHER BEEF RECIPES
- Pepper Steak
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Cheater Korean Beef
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Barbacoa Tacos
- White Castle Sliders
- Beef Enchilada Dip
- Easy Beef Burrito Skillet
- 3/4 lb. Flat Iron Steak, other cuts like Top Sirloin or Tenderloin would work well here too
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups of mixed greens
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes halves
- 1 cup of bocconcini mozzarella balls
- 1 avocado, seeded and sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup basil leaves, sliced
- 1.Whisk together the marinade ingredients. Reserve half in the refrigerator for later as a dressing. Pour the remaining half on the steak in a glass bowl or resealable plastic bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat and oil the grill grate. Cook the steak for 3-5 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer reads the desired doneness. Medium Rare:145°F ; Medium: 160°F; Well Done: 170°F.
- Remove steak from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes to let the juices redistribute. Slice against the grain in thin slices.
- For the salad: In a large shallow serving bowl, arrange the mixed greens, tomatoes, mozzarella balls, avocado, red onion and basil leaves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the sliced steak. Drizzle with the reserved balsamic dressing. Note: You can also serve in individual portions on smaller plates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g