Sausage Cheese Balls
SAUSAGE CHEESE BALLS RECIPE
The big game is coming up soon and I had leftover sausage from these Stuffed Mushrooms so I made these!
I realize we all have different reasons for watching the Super Bowl…
A) You really love football.
B) You really love Super Bowl Food.
C) You really love talking your friends and tolerate the first half so you can see the halftime show performers.
Which one are you? I think I’m a little of all three.
HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE CHEESE BALLS
Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease bottom and sides of jelly roll pan or use parchment paper.
Stir together all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, using hands or spoon. If your mixture is too dry add a little more milk. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in pan.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm with sauce for dipping. Barbecue sauce, chili sauce, Ranch or maple syrup all go with these.
The first time I made these was for an appetizer, but as I’ve made them over the years I feel like they are leaning towards a breakfast dish. Especially if you use pork breakfast sausage. They are great with maple syrup.
OTHER APPETIZER RECIPES
Sausage Cheese Balls
- 3 cups Bisquick mix
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Barbecue sauce, chili sauce, Ranch or maple syrup, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease bottom and sides of jelly roll pan or use parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients, using hands or a stand mixer. If your mixture is too dry add a little more milk. Shape sausage mixture into 1-inch balls. Using a cookie scoop makes this easy. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm with sauce for dipping. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce. Barbecue sauce, chili sauce, Ranch dressing or maple syrup all go with these. Store leftovers in an airtight container.