Hot Pizza Dip
HOT PIZZA DIP
I got the all-clear to start working out from my doctor at my 6 week post baby checkup. I was so eager to get back in the gym and to start running again.
I jogged to the bus stop to pick up my son earlier in the week – an embarrassingly short distance, and was so sore the next day. So I knew I would have to take it easy and that my gym debut would be a brief one.
OTHER PIZZA RECIPES:
Hot Pizza Dip
This Hot Pizza Dip taste just like pizza with cream cheese, Italian seasonings, pizza sauce, and pepperoni!
- 1 (8 ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 2 ounces pepperoni sausage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, oregano, parsley, basil, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Spread mixture in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate, or a shallow microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese on top of the cream cheese mixture. Spread the pizza sauce over all.
- Microwave the pepperoni for about 30 seconds just to get some of the fat out of them so you don't end up with a greasy mess on top of your pizza dip.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, then top with green pepper, pepperoni and olive slices. Cover, and microwave for 5 minutes or bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot with baguette slices, tortilla chips, or Fritos scoops.
Note: You can either cook this in the microwave or oven. If you wish to cook it in the oven preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
adapted from Allrecipes