Peanut Butter Coconut Macaroons
Peanut Butter Coconut Macaroons are made with just a few simple ingredients and are a delicious peanut butter dessert! Make it extra decadent with a chocolate drizzle.
PEANUT BUTTER COCONUT MACAROONS
Now we’ve all had macaroons, but I wanted to try making peanut butter macaroons because you know my love of peanut butter runs deep. Remember when I fell in love with coconut peanut butter while in Hawaii?
Ever since then I’ve been waiting to combine the two flavors. Of course you could use coconut peanut butter if you wanted to up the coconut factor but reality is that most of us don’t have coconut peanut butter readily accessible. These are so easy and turned out phenomenal.
Start by adding some sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, and vanilla to coconut mixture. You could definitely try using half almond and half vanilla extract.
Mix it all together; the easiest way is to use your hands.
Use a cookie scooper to scoop golf sized balls of the mixture onto your parchment lined cookie sheets. This is a good size because the outside gets crispy and toasted while the inside is still soft.
Now these are perfectly good all by themselves. Chewy, peanut butter-y, perfect.
But I can hear it already, “Christy! What these really need is chocolate on top.”
So if you want, feel free to add a little drizzle of chocolate on top.
OTHER PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Homemade Reese’s Bars
- Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Ritz Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Culter’s Frosted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Coconut Macaroons
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 (14-oz can) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, or 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp almond
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening, butter, or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper. This is a must!
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, coconut and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Pour mixture over coconut and use your hands to combine.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop balls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about golf ball size.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until coconut is toasted.
- For the drizzle: In a small microwave safe bowl add the chocolate chips and shortening, coconut oil, or butter. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted, stirring in between. Using a fork, drizzle the macaroons with the chocolate. Let chocolate set or speed it up by placing in the fridge for a couple of minutes.
They taste amazing, but they fell apart easily. Did I not bake them long enough or???
Yes, Bake them longer.
This sounds wonderful. I will try the recipe as is, them I’d like to try it with peanut butter chips instead of jar peanut butter. I know both will be awesome, I just need to satisfy my curiosity. Thanks for the recipe!
Could you replace the shortening in the chocolate with coconut oil?
Oh how perfect! I’m loving these 🙂
These look so delightful! I can’t stop the urge to make them right this minute!
I’m loving the peanut butter aspect of these macaroons! Sweet and salty calls to me!
Greatest macaroons ever, love these!
Since I dislike chocolate will make using peanut butter chips 🙂
Since I do not like chocolate, instead of chocolate chips will use peanut butter ones instead 🙂
YUM! I made regular macaroons once but didn’t like the addition of almond extract. I do love peanut butter and coconut so I’ll surely be giving these ones a try! You and your sister-in-law seem so similar! Thanks, Christy 🙂
I’m obsessed with peanut butter and coconut and chocolate… yum! I seriously need to get my hands on a jar of coconut peanut butter soon 🙂
Oh wow, I’ve got my drool on!
‘love & hugs from afar’
Love this idea! Peanut butter, coconut and chocolate? Perfection 🙂