Cuban Sliders – ham, Swiss, pickles, and a mustard glaze makes these Cuban sliders a great appetizer for any party. You can make these Cuban Sliders with Hawaiian rolls or any slider roll.
I know what you’re thinking, Cuban Sliders. Aren’t these just Ham and Cheese Sliders? No and yes. Although these are similar to my favorite Ham and Cheese Sliders, these have no mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, we’ve added pickles, and the glaze has a Dijon mustard sauce minus the poppy seeds.
We’ve lived in Miami for over thirteen years now and Cuban food is very popular down here. The first time we had visitors they wanted Cuban food and so we went to Gloria Estefan’s restaurant called Bongos. The food was good if you like Cuban food.
What our visitors decided (you know who you are), is that they just didn’t like Cuban food (plantains, black beans, rice). What can you do? I believe that even they would appreciate these sliders.
I know many purists will argue that a Cuban Slider or any Cuban Sandwich has pork on it. Okay. You might be right. But this version doesn’t. Okay? We good? Can we still be friends?
Quite frankly cooking a pork roast for 8 hours just to make these seems a little overkill.
How To Make Cuban Sliders
The easy way to make these Cuban Sliders is to take a package of Hawaiian rolls, cut them in half lengthwise, not separating the rolls and layer them that way. Assembly is a cinch!
The layers are simple: Rolls, deli ham, Swiss cheese (or Havarti), and dill pickles. The top is brushed with an onion, butter, Dijon mustard glaze. It’s all so simple but switches up the classic slider.
Make these for your next get together or potluck and I promise you’ll get great reviews.
- Fried Pickles
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Ham and Swiss Stromboli
- Individual Seven Layer Dips
- Mini Garlic Monkey Bread
Cuban Sliders - ham, Swiss, pickles, and a mustard glaze makes these Cuban sliders a great appetizer for any party.
- 24 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1.25 lbs thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 24 dill pickle slices
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons finely minced white onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease two 9x13 baking dishes. Cut each package of rolls horizontally in half and place bottom half in each baking dish. Layer the ham, cheese, and pickles and top with remaining top rolls.
- Whisk together glaze and brush the top of the rolls with it. Cover and bake 10 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Cut into sliders and serve.
Source: Taste of Home