Tomato Soup Recipe
Tomato Soup recipe has only a couple of simple ingredients and tastes so comforting! The best homemade recipes are the ones you have memorized! This Tomato Soup recipe is one I make often and that my family requests. Tomatoes, onions, garlic, chicken broth, and some salt…done!
TOMATO SOUP RECIPE
(originally posted 2017)
Can I start off by saying that tomato soup might be the most impossible thing ever to photograph?
They say that necessity is the mother of invention. Let me set up the scene. It’s 7pm on Friday night – which happens to be our pizza night, and I find myself all of sudden so sick that I can barely swallow water because my throat hurts so bad.
There was no way I was eating pizza (said no one ever…usually).
All I wanted was soup. Something hot, something soothing. I probably could have drank hot water at that point.
But…I added some tomatoes, onion, garlic, butter, and salt to the pot and simmered away. This is the best tomato soup recipe!
I love this Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup but I needed soup and I needed it now, not in six hours.
We smelled it cooking and…it’s amazing that something so simple could be so good.
WHAT ARE THE CALORIES IN TOMATO SOUP?
In this tomato soup there are 163 calories in each serving and a serving is one cup. You can definitely cut down on the butter if you want it even lower in calories or replace the chicken broth with water.
To be totally honest this soup is good plain, but add a little Parmesan and basil…I mean come on.
Now we make this easy and creamy Tomato Soup recipe all the time! At least once a month, more in the winter.
OTHER SOUP RECIPES:
- Healthy Vegetable Chicken Soup
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- Cauliflower Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Chicken Potato soup
- Lasagna Soup
- Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 large yellow sweet onion, , cut into wedges
- 1 (28 oz) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken stock, (or water)
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of sugar, (or monkfruit)
- (optional toppings) grated parmesan, fresh basil
- In a large pot, melt the butter and add the rest of the ingredients (besides the toppings).
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Blend until smooth in a blender or with an immersion blender. Eat plain (also wonderful) or garnish with parmesan and basil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g