Pulled Chicken Suiza Sammies
PULLED CHICKEN SUIZA SAMMIES
Friday nights I don’t cook. We either have date night or we have friends over and order pizza or something. Last Friday we had just flown in from Colorado and the last thing I wanted to do was try to control my little monkeys at a restaurant.
John was at Costco so I told him to grab a rotisserie chicken. When he got home it took me under 10 minutes and dinner was done. So it didn’t really count as cooking.
These were so good. So good that John hoarded them, hid them in the back of the fridge, and ate them for the next 4 meals.
They mixture of honey, lime, salsa verde, and sour cream make this sandwich anything but ordinary. They are spicy so they may not be ideal for the kiddos.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES:
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Mexican Stuffed Shells
- Mini Chicken Chimichangas
- Classic Chicken Fajitas
- One-Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice
- One-Pan Chicken Fajita Rice
Pulled Chicken Suiza Sammies
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde, (I used Goya brand)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 rotisserie-style chicken, skin discarded and meat shredded
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat the broiler. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and honey, then stir in the salsa and heat through. Mix in the sour cream. Add sauce a little at a time to your bowl of shredded chicken. YOU MAY NOT NEED ALL THE SAUCE depending on how much shredded chicken you have. Stir in the sauce to coat.
- Pile the chicken mixture on the roll bottoms. Top with the cheese and broil to melt. Set the roll tops in place and serve with the chips.
Source: Taste and Tell
These have become one of my very favorite quick, easy, go-to meals. I make them just about every time I buy a rotisserie chicken (which is often!). I always overstuff myself because they’re just so yummy I can’t stop eating them! Thanks!
THESE SOUND AMAZING! Thanks for all the great recipes!
I made these for dinner tonight. Absolutely delicious and super easy! Thanks! I will be making them again!
Followed this but made with dried onion and kept sauce to chicken ratio on the dry side and piled it on top of tortillas instead of rolls. Everyone LOVED the “chicken nachos”.
These were delicious!! Thanks for the recipe
Hello. And Bye.
Christy, This picture makes me hungry! Great quick fix…thanks for sharing!
i wish my fam liked rotisserie chicken better… my life would be easier!!!
I make these and my family devours them.
oh my goodness gracious.
these look delicious.
Oh YUM!!! These look and sound fantastic. And who doesn’t love an easy meal?!? I just discovered your blog, and I have found so many recipes I want to try! 🙂 Keep ’em comin’!