Cookies and Cream Brownies
These Cookies and Cream Oreo Brownies are rich chocolate fudge brownies with a creamy Oreo frosting. We just returned from quite a week at Lake Powell.
Less than an hour after our flight landed in Arizona from Florida my youngest son tripped and gashed his head on my mom’s kitchen chair. 5 hours and 12 stitches later, my son left the ER with a Harry Potter scar on his forehead.
After much debating we decided to head to Lake Powell anyway.
Our first night at Lake Powell my two oldest boys were up all night throwing up. Which stinks when you’re at home and really stinks when your miles away from an ever so convenient washing machine.
The next night my oldest son was accidentally hit with an oar and ended up in the Lake Powell ER for 11 stitches.
I didn’t want to admit defeat even though I now had two kids that weren’t allowed in lake water by doctors orders and we still had a full week at Lake Powell.
I like to think that I’m one who can roll with the punches but by now I just felt like I was repeatedly being punched.
Dang, I’m long winded today….
So here are a couple of reasons why my husband rocks as a DAD just this week alone:
- He had the smarts to ride it out the waves with the kids in tow instead of following the natural instinct to pull in the kids in the 8 foot swells, possibly capsizing the boat.
- When my kids started gushing blood out of their heads he calmly applied pressure instead of huddling into fetal position and crying like a baby (which is what I did).
On the the way home from Lake Powell we stopped at Sonic and got not ONE but TWO of their Double Stuffed Oreo Shakes. Oh man we deserved them.
Cookies and Cream Brownies
These Cookies and Cream Oreo Brownies are rich chocolate fudge brownies with a creamy Oreo frosting.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate; coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 3 eggs; lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 Oreo cookies crumbled
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 5 Oreo cookies crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 9×9 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Microwave chocolate and butter or margarine in large bowl for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Whisk mixture until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar. Add in eggs, extract and salt. Gradually add in flour and stir until just combined. Fold in crushed Oreo cookies.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes; do not over bake. These taste completely different if they are overbaked!
- Remove to cooling rack.
- For the frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy with a mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar slowly, mixing together until combined. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add milk to desired consistency. If your frosting is too thick add more milk and if it’s too thin add some more powdered sugar.
- Crush Oreos and fold them into the frosting.
- Frost cooled brownies. Makes enough frosting for a 9X9 pan of brownies. Makes around 12 brownies.
Source: brownies adapted from My Baking Addiction; frosting from me!