Chicken Chili Chowder
This Chicken Chili Chowder is hearty and so easy! Full of potatoes, corn, beans, a little salsa verde and a whole lot of spice. During my second pregnancy I looked in the mirror and thought I had chocolate on my face.
And while it’s not that uncommon to find chocolate on my face (hell0 bus stop, gym, and church), these brown spots wouldn’t rub off. Pregnancy mask. Ugh. Anyone else have this?
Basically it looks like I have a brown speckled mask on my cheeks, forehead, and lips. I’m an avid sunblock wearer but I’m sure there are some sunspots in there too.
This fall I’m determined to turn back time. I want to try to get rid of it. So first I looked for Groupons for facials and even bought some.
But every time I showed up for an appointment, no one was there. Although the culture here seems to be if it rains then no one has to go to work.
That could be it. Anyway, I finally got my first lactic acid peel Tuesday at a reputable place.
The technician said, “You’ll look fine today and tomorrow, but you don’t have anything going on Thursday, do you?”
“Yeah, you might not want to go,” she said. “You’re going to look like a lizard.”
Guess who went to Bunko looking like a lizard molting her skin? (me raising my hand)
Supposedly I’m going to look great after but I can’t afford to go into hiding for 4 days if I ever do this again. I’ve got kids that need to go to soccer, piano, and school.
It’s not logistically possible to not leave the house for four days.
You guys. This Chicken Chili Chowder. It’s so easy! I made it for dinner and only one out of five children gagged. That, my friends, is a success.
Chicken, corn, salsa verde, beans, and cheese. It screams fall – which happened to begin yesterday if you didn’t know. You wouldn’t know it because it’s 87 degrees here (feels like 105). Enjoy!
Chicken Chili Chowder
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 medium red potatoes , cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese and additional sour cream for topping , optional
- Saute onion in oil in a large saucepan until tender. Add potatoes, broth, soup, salsa and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in the chicken, beans and corn; heat through. Stir in sour cream right before serving. Serve with cheese and sour cream if desired.
Source: Taste of Home