Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup is filled with chicken, ham, and cheesy broth. It’s hard to believe you can have this Chicken Cordon Bleu soup on your table in under 15 minutes but you can. If you want to make this Keto friendly, simply omit the flour.
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU SOUP
Fall has still not shown its face here in South Florida. My husband has memories of trick-or-treating in a big winter jacket so your Halloween costume wasn’t really even seen.
Here in Florida it’s so hot that if a costume has long sleeves, it’s out of the running.
The heat definitely doesn’t stop us from eating soup. In fact, we eat soup at least once a week in our house.
This soup is ultra creamy with Swiss cheese and cream cheese, savory ham and chicken.
We have family coming into town that are on the Keto diet. I was brainstorming dinner ideas for them and came up with this soup.
Well sort of. A normal roux for a soup consists of equal parts fat and equal parts flour. Then you whisk in the liquid and add whatever cheese you like.
So what I meant to say is that when I was making this soup I was thinking how great it would be for the Keto diet if only it weren’t for the flour. Good news. It works without it too.
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT CHEESE?
Aren’t a fan of Swiss cheese? Swiss is one of the identifying ingredients in Chicken Cordon Bleu but you can absolutely use cheddar or mozzarella instead.
ARE YOU ON THE KETO DIET?
To make this Keto friendly simply omit the flour.
If you don’t have half-and-half, you can substitute half cream and half milk.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES:
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna
- One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice
- Parmesan Chicken Meatballs
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas
Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth, (see note)
- 2 cups half-and-half, (see note)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup diced ham
- In a large pot, melt the better on low heat and add the diced onion. Cook onion in butter until onion is soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the flour and cook for one minute.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and half-and-half. Add the cream cheese and stir until combined. Stir in Swiss cheese until melted. Stir in the chicken and ham until heated through. Serve.