Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is an easy Italian dinner with the creamiest alfredo sauce over tender pasta, chicken, and tender broccoli. You can have dinner tonight on the table in 20 minutes and the whole family loves it!
CHICKEN BROCCOLI ALFREDO
My favorite part of running a marathon was carbo-loading the night before my long runs with pasta dishes. In fact, whenever I make this chicken broccoli alfredo pasta I vividly remember eating it the night before a 20 mile run.
If you’ve ever trained for a marathon you know that the 20-miler is pretty much just as if not worse than the actual marathon. You don’t have the adrenaline to help you out like you do on race day.
This easy recipe is one of my family’s absolute favorites. Everyone loves the creamy alfredo sauce, broccoli, chicken combo!
ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE WITH CREAM CHEESE
Alfredo is a cream sauce made with butter and cream, flavored with garlic and Parmesan cheese. It’s indulgent, no doubt about it, but it’s also comfort food that will have everyone cleaning their plates.
This delicious meal could be served at an Italian restaurant because it’s just that good.
- If your homemade creamy sauce simmers too long it can start to get too thick or separate. Simply whisk in a couple of tablespoons of pasta water, milk, or cream to thin it out a bit.
- Make sure to simmer and not rapid boil! If your heat is too high you can scald the sauce.
- To make this dish even easier I always have frozen shredded rotisserie chicken on hand to use. This recipe is a great way to use up leftover chicken pieces, breast or chicken thighs. Pull out that partially-eaten rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken breasts and the broccoli that’s languishing in the crisper (or the freezer!). They’re about to have a new life as chicken broccoli Alfredo!
- An easy way to steam the broccoli so you get nice tender broccoli florets is to put it in a covered bowl with an inch of water and cook it in the microwave.
- You can use any short pasta here like bow-tie or rotini pasta. Long pasta would work as well.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES:
- One-Pan Monterey Chicken Pasta
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- Pesto Ravioli with Chicken
- Poppy Seed Chicken
- Crockpot Italian Chicken
EASY PASTA RECIPES
- One-Pan Bacon Broccoli Pasta
- Lemon Pasta
- Creamy Artichoke Pasta
- One-Pan Monterey Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Sausage and Tomato Pasta
- One-Pan Chicken and Spinach Orzo
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups fresh chopped broccoli, steamed and hot
- 1 lb pasta of your choice, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic with the butter. Add cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Add salt and pepper to taste. When sauce has reached desired consistency, stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Serve over pasta, broccoli, and chicken.
- If your sauce simmers too long it can start to get too thick or separate. Simple whisk in a couple of tablespoon of milk or cream to thin it out a bit.
- Make sure to simmer! If your heat is too high you can scald the sauce.
- To make this dish even easier I always have frozen rotisserie chicken on hand to use.