Taco Pasta Salad
Taco Pasta Salad is a cold Southwest pasta salad recipe filled with black beans, corn, cilantro, avocados, and tomatoes. It’s tossed in a vinaigrette and sprinkled with cheese. I love taking this Taco Pasta Salad to potlucks and BBQs. It’s a Mexican dish everyone loves.
TACO PASTA SALAD
We all know that when we go to a potluck there’s always a number of pasta salads to choose from. This Taco Pasta Salad recipe completely stands out with its southwest flair. And you know me, I could eat Mexican food any and every day. I mean I even have a Taco Pasta recipe on this site.
Pick whatever pasta you like and cook according to the package directions. Once it has cooled toss in your black beans, corn, and cilantro. This is only a half batch because I was only making it for my family.
Add some tomatoes and salsa too! You can control the heat here with the kind of salsa you choose.
The dressing is made from some olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and some Old El Paso taco seasoning.
Whisk this together and toss over the pasta.
At this point you can chill until serving if making ahead of time. Otherwise, toss in the shredded cheese and avocados. Chill until cold, then serve!
OTHER PASTA RECIPES:
- Taco Pasta
- Caprese Pesto Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Corn Frito Salad
Taco Pasta Salad
This Taco Pasta Salad is a potluck favorite! It's a Southwest pasta salad recipe filled with black beans, corn, cilantro, avocados, and tomatoes. It's tossed in a vinaigrette and sprinkled with cheese. I love taking this Taco Pasta Salad to potlucks and BBQs. It's a Mexican dish everyone loves.
- 1 lb medium pasta shells (or other pasta shape)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn , frozen, canned, or fresh (cooked)
- 1/2 cup cilantro , finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes , seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 avocados , firm but ripe - diced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, add the cooled pasta, black beans, corn, cilantro, tomatoes, and salsa. Toss gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, taco seasoning, and garlic. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill until serving.
- Right before serving, toss in the cheese and avocado. Add your favorite taco toppings like sour cream or crushed tortillas.
This pasta works best with firm but ripe avocados. Overly ripe avocados will become mushy.
Any small pasta shape works well here so feel free to use what you have on hand.
Reserve a small amount of the veggies to sprinkle on top for pretty presentation.
I was compensated by Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are my own.