This easy Keto Chaffle recipe is is made with 2 ingredients! Crispy, chewy, and the perfect low-carb vehicle for any food. Eggs and cheese are all you need for this low-carb Keto recipe made in a mini waffle iron.
CHAFFLE KETO RECIPE
The Keto diet is a great low-carb diet but the hardest thing in the Keto world is a substitute for Keto bread. A vehicle for sandwiches is so hard to find but this Keto waffle is crispy and savory. These crispy waffles are the perfect size for a sandwich.
You can use a mini waffle maker or a regular waffle maker and split the waffle into fourths.
WHAT IS A CHAFFLE?
A Chaffle is a cheese waffle made from cheese and eggs. A basic chaffles recipe does not contain flour, baking powder or any other ingredients
A basic recipe has only 2 simple ingredients:
- CHEESE – any kind of cheese will do. I like cheddar cheese for a savory chaffle recipe or mozzarella cheese for a more mild tasting flavor. Any combination of any shredded cheese will do.
WHAT TO USE TRADITIONAL CHAFFLES FOR:
- Eat them plain.
- Use them as sandwich bread.
- Use them as a hamburger bun.
NET CARBS IN A CHAFFLE
There’s 1 carb in each chaffle.
CAN YOU FREEZE THESE?
Yes. Once cooled, store in a freezer bag in the freezer.
HOW TO REHEAT
To get them nice and crisp again, reheat in a toaster oven.
OTHER KETO RECIPES:
- Ricotta Eggs
- Keto Biscuits
- Chorizo and Egg Skillet
- Pizza Chaffles
- Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Proscuitto Egg and Sausage Cups
- Keto Meatballs
- Cinnamon Keto Pork Rinds
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie
- Keto Korean Short Ribs
- Cloud Bread
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, (mozzarella, Pepper jack, or Monterey Jack cheese can be used)
- 2 large eggs
- (optional) pinch of garlic salt
- Heat mini waffle maker. Whisk together the ingredients in a bowl. Pour about 1/4 cup of the chaffle batter into the waffle maker. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.