Ricotta Eggs are creamy scrambled eggs with ricotta topped with Pecorino cheese, red pepper, and green onions. A gourmet breakfast that is simple enough for every day.
CREAMY SCRAMBLED EGGS
If you want to take your scrambled eggs to the next level, try adding ricotta cheese to them!
- EGGS – Large eggs are used here. I really love pasture raised eggs.
- RICOTTA – Whole milk ricotta is what you need to use here for creaminess.
- PECORINO CHEESE – This is sprinkled on top for a salty flavorful touch.
- CRUSHED RED PEPPER – Adds a little kick.
- GREEN ONIONS OR CHIVES – this is for flavor and color.
IS THIS KETO?
Yes. This is super high in protein with no carbs.
HOW TO SERVE THIS?
Serve this plain, on toast, or on this chaffle.
- Baked Eggs
- Confetti Bacon and Hash Brown Casserole
- Martha’s Breakfast Casserole
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Overnight Ham and Cheese Enchiladas
- Cheesy Overnight Bacon and Egg Casserole
- Bacon, Asparagus Frittata
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 6 large eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Pecorino cheese, (grated Parmesan can be substituted)
- crushed red pepper to taste
- green onions to taste
- In a large skillet, heat butter or olive oil over medium heat. Add the eggs and ricotta. Scramble the eggs to desired consistency.
- Top with salt and pepper and Pecorino cheese. Add a sprinkle of red pepper and green onions to taste.
- Serve plain, over toast, or a chaffle for Keto (see note).