These Mascarpone Stuffed Strawberrries are filled with sweet and silky mascarpone and drizzled with chocolate and nuts. Each strawberry is about 59 calories and is a healthy dessert for any occasion.
These Mascarpone Stuffed Strawberries are dreamy! If you’re not familiar with mascarpone it’s a soft, creamy Italian cheese that is slightly sweet and buttery in flavor. It actually has half the calories of butter though. It’s less tangy then cream cheese and the texture is what I love. I didn’t realize it until now but I’ve been misspelling and mispronouncing mascarpone my entire life. It’s actually pronounced like this: mahs-car-POH-nay. There – you’re practically speaking fluent Italian now!
You can easily find this BelGioioso Mascarpone at your grocery store by the specialty cheeses. Just look for the white package with green and red lettering.
I took these strawberries to Bunko and the girls loved them! Everyone was asking what they were stuffed with. You can definitely tell a difference between mascarpone and cream cheese.
Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
|Mascarpone Stuffed Strawberries|| |
- 1 (8 ounce) container Belgioioso Mascarpone, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 24 strawberries, cored and hulled
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped nuts (any kind you prefer)
- In a medium bowl, add the mascarpone, lemon juice, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Stir until well combined. Scoop into a resealable plastic bag and snip off the corner. Pipe filling into each hollowed out strawberry.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate. If you don't have a double boiler, you can set a glass bowl inside of a pot where the water line is just underneath the surface of the bowl. Heat the water until the chocolate melts.
- You can use a fork to drizzle the chocolate or for more control scoop the melted chocolate into a resealable plastic bag and snip of the corner to drizzle the chocolate on.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Store strawberries in fridge until ready to eat. Best if made the same day.
I partnered with BelGioioso on this post but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Their cheese is delicious!