These Chocolate Cherry Bars are so easy and a great potluck dessert. They’re ultra moist and are lathered with a decadent chocolate frosting.
I don’t think people really get how much I love food. It was 11:30 pm the other night and my sister-in-law, who is staying with us, said, “I’m off to bed, good night!”
To which I replied, “Good night! I’m going to make a cake.”
Yep. I’m crazy. A crazy night owl.
This cake is delicious. In fact, I was supposed to take it to a baby shower and we ended up just eating it all by ourselves. The frosting – buttery, chocolate, fudgey. The cake – moist, fluffy, with a hint of almond and cherry.
And I couldn’t really take it to a baby shower with a piece cut out already. Although that happens more often than it doesn’t in my life. I’m not usually a fan of pictures of food with bites taken out of them but…you…guys…heaven.
|Chocolate Cherry Bars|| |
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package Devil's Food Cake Mix (you can use a 15.25 or 16.25 oz package as well)
- 1 (21-oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 15x10x1-inch baking pan or 13x9-inch baking dish. Photo above was in a 13X9-inch baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine all cake bar ingredients (cake mix, cherry pie filling, almond extract, and eggs);
- Stir until well blended. You can use a stand mixer or stir by hand. A stand mixer will break up the cherries a bit more. Pour into greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350°F. until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. For 15x10x1-inch pan, bake 20 to 30 minutes; for 13x9-inch pan, bake 25 to 35 minutes.
- In small saucepan, combine sugar, milk and butter. Bring mixture to a boil and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips and almond extract until smooth. Pour and spread over warm bars. Cool 2 hours or until completely cooled. You can speed up this process by placing them in the fridge to cool. Cut into bars.
Hi all, I’m Cat from The Rustic Willow and I’m so
happy you all are here to celebrate my blogiversary! There are 10
incredible bloggers involved in this giveaway and I wanted to take a
second to introduce them to you:
Cat @ The Rustic Willow
Christy @ The Girl
Who Ate Everything
Sydney @ Tastefully Frugal
Jen @ Carlsbad Cravings
Melani @ My Homemade
Alexandra @ Bright Eyed
Sharon @ What the Fork
Alli @ Taking Care of
Leia @ Eat It and Say Yum
Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Messy
My blog, The Rustic Willow, is turning one
and I’m so stoked that all of these amazing bloggers wanted to celebrate
my blogiversary with me! When you’re done entering the giveaway below,
make sure to stop by each of their blogs to check out their delicious
dessert recipes for today. Believe me, you don’t want to miss them.
We have a bunch of amazing prizes for one
incredibly lucky winner today. We’re giving away $380 in food and
kitchen goodies! Here are our awesome prizes:
Pawprint Cookie Cutter
JEWELS AND METALS | Etsy,
Custom Cutting Board
WALNUT GROVE BOARD CO | Etsy
Medium Stoneware Clay Utensil Holder (In
glaze color of your choice)
VITRIFIED STUDIO | Etsy
Kitchen Stand in color of your choice
THEKITCHENSTAND | Site
A huge thanks goes out to the sponsors, all
of the Etsy shops & blogs listed above, for making this giveaway
possible. I’m so excited that one lucky winner gets to win all of
these things. Somebody pinch me!
To enter the Ultimate Foodie Giveaway,
follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter below! Good luck 🙂