I love avocados. My mom used to spoon feed them to me as a baby. Even now, I’ll sprinkle some salt on and avocado and eat it with a spoon. An avocado is technically a fruit and of course my favorite “fruit” is the one with the most calories and fat. Good fat they say. Whatever makes me feel better.
I was craving guacamole and whipped up some to go with these Honey Lime Enchiladas. I know everyone likes their guacamole different but this is how we like ours. Sometimes I add some finely diced jalapeno for some heat but most of the time I leave it out.
|I like mine on the chunky side.|
|1) Halve each avocado and remove the pit. 2) Scoop out the flesh with a spoon. 3) Then coarsely chop it.|
|Slightly mash the avocado then add onion, tomato, cilantro, garlic and some lime. Then salt and pepper it to taste…which for me these days is never enough. I love to put a ton of salt in everything since I’m pregnant.|
- 4 ripe avocados
- ½ cup red onion, diced finely
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced finely
- ¼ - ½ cup cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- (optional) ½ jalapeno, seeded and diced finely
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit. Scoop out flesh of avocado and coarsely chop it. Place in a large bowl and slightly mash with a fork. I like mine on the chunky side. Add the diced onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic and toss together with the avocados. If you like your guacamole on the spicy side add some diced jalapeno here.
- ?Add the lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Chill until serving. If not serving right away place saran wrap directly against the guacamole so that it does not oxidize and turn brown. Serve with tortilla chips.