This Fruit Salsa is a sweet salsa made from diced fruit and served with cinnamon chips. This will be a hit at your baby shower or any get together.
There are so many things I love about Disney World. We just got back from there and I’m on a Disney high! The highlight for me is always at night on Main Street watching the fireworks and eating Apple Pie Caramel apples. We bought not ONE but TWO of them, at $8.95 a pop, just to make sure they tasted like the ones I make…and they do.
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 8 ounces raspberries
- 1 (16 oz) carton of strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (more or less to taste)
- 3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor (I used strawberry)
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas (or use Stacy's cinnamon chips or cinnamon graham crackers)
- melted butter or butter flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes. This is best made the same day and not too far ahead of time so your apples don't start browning and the fruit gives off so too much juice and it gets runny.. This salsa can also be serve with cinnamon graham grackers or cinnamon pita chips. Best when made and eaten the same day otherwise the
- For the Cinnamon Chips:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat one side of each flour tortilla with melted butter or butter flavored cooking spray. Sprinkle tortillas with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Spray again with cooking spray (not necessary if using melted butter).
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.