These moist Banana Muffins are another fabulous recipe to make with your overripe bananas.
So easy that I literally had them in the oven in under five minutes. The topping on these is so good you might be tempted to make these all “muffies”.
No mixer needed here. In fact, muffins are better when you mix by hand because you’re more likely not to overmix them which makes for a tough muffin.
As with banana bread or any other muffin, these are almost better the second day because the banana flavor starts soaking in making them extra moist.
I’ve made these muffins a million times. This time when I made them I had just put them in the oven for a couple of minutes when I looked over to the egg that was supposed to be in the batter sitting on the counter.
Ugh. Good news, they actually were fabulous without. Didn’t even miss it. So if someone you know has an egg allergy just know that these are great without any eggs.
HOW TO MASH BANANAS
You can mash bananas two ways:
- Use a fork to mash small pieces of bananas until soft.
- Add chunks of banana to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and let it beat away.
HOW TO FREEZE BANANA MUFFINS
To freeze these banana muffins, let them cool completely. Next, wrap them in plastic wrap and then freeze them in a large Ziploc bag. To eat them, thaw on the counter at room temperature.
OTHER MUFFIN RECIPES
As you can see we love muffin recipes and have quite of few of them on the blog. Here are some of our favorites:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- On-the-Go Breakfast Muffins
- Apple Muffins
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Coconut Lime Chocolate Chip Muffins
Banana Crumb Muffins
Banana Muffins are moist with a little cinnamon and nutmeg and topped with tons and tons of crumb topping. This is the best homemade banana muffins recipe perfect for breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- For the crumb topping: In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles wet sand. You can use your hands too to incorporate the mixture. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Source: adapted from Allrecipes . Doubled topping.