We should have called these “Date Me” cookies because we would give them to any group of guys we thought were cute. The recipe makes 6 dozen so you can cover your man bases and give a dozen to 6 of your dating prospects. If you are married you can guarantee that your husband will have mad love for you…love handles that is.
|Liberty Square Cookies|| |
- 1 lb unsalted butter (4 sticks ), softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups flour
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (or you can do both bags chocolate chip and don't add the butterscotch chips)
- 12 oz. butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and eggs until creamy. Next add in salt, baking soda, and flour; mix well. Fold in the chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Do not overcook.
- I use parchment paper to make sure they don't stick. This recipe is very touchy. Follow it exactly. This is hard work for your mixer. I even had a hard time using a KitchedAid getting it all to fit. Probably would stick with a huge bowl and hand mixer. Makes 6 dozen.