Wed, 20 May 2015 14 Comments
This Blueberry Lemon Crescent Ring is perfect for breakfast or brunch. The center has a lemon, blueberry, and cream cheese filling and the top is drizzled with a light glaze. This is an easy and tasty treat for any time of day. My poor husband. Just like I feel that the laundry is never ending, the bane of his existence is replacing light bulbs in our house. Granted, I’m a weirdo. I like to have all of the lights on, all of the time. It makes it feel like there’s life in the house. I get it from my mom. I think there’s one lamp in my mom’s house that stays on infinitely.
In our own house, we have a ton of recessed lighting and tall ceilings so keeping up with the burnt out lights is no easy task. It seems like as soon as my husband has replaced the last light and sits down on the couch, one immediately goes out just to taunt him. It’s an insanity cycle. This Blueberry Lemon Crescent Ring is phenomenal. I had a pint of blueberries and wanted to make something light and springy. It starts with crescent dough. I used the seamless sheet but you can use the rolls and just press them together to form a rectangle. The inside is smothered in a lemon cream cheese mixture and sprinkled with fresh blueberries. You could definitely use frozen here too. Roll it up tightly, just like you would cinnamon rolls. Slice it into 12 pieces using a serrated knife so you don’t squish it. I had softened my cream cheese too much in the microwave so my filling was a little thin making it hard to cut. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look pretty. After you bake it, it’s very forgiving. Drizzle it with a light glaze and it’s done. We gobbled this up in less than 10 minutes.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (see Note)
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. In small bowl, mix cream cheese, granulated sugar, lemon juice and lemon peel with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Unroll dough sheet. (If using crescent rolls, unroll dough and separate into 2 large rectangles. Overlap long sides to form 13x7-inch rectangle; firmly press edges and perforations to seal.) Spread cream cheese mixture on rectangle to within ½ inch of edges.Sprinkle evenly with blueberries.
- Starting with 1 long side of rectangle, roll up the dough tightly and pinch the edge to seal. Some of the filling will leak out during baking but that's okay!
- With a serrated knife, cut into 12 slices. My cream cheese was overly soft so cutting it was tricky. Don't worry if it's messy. When it bakes it will take care of any issues.
- Arrange slices on cookie sheet in a circle, overlapping slightly.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In small bowl, mix the glaze ingredients until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over warm crescent ring. Serve warm or room temperature.
Source: Inspired from this Lemon Crescent Ring. http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/lemon-cream-cheese-crescent-ring/81508345-3d1c-4eef-a616-15906ea81702
Fri, 15 May 2015 12 Comments
These Fajitas on a Stick are a fun way to serve fajitas. Everyone gets their own skewer! I love this way of serving fajitas. Everything is more fun served on a stick! They are colorful, tasty, and a great way to entertain. Start by dicing your onions and bell peppers. The key to making … [Read More...]
Mon, 11 May 2015 22 Comments
Homemade Twix Bars have a shortbread crust topped with caramel and chocolate. Laundry. Ugh. Mother's Day was yesterday and if I were to be graded on my skills as a mother I would definitely get a 'D' in laundry. Okay, maybe a 'C'. I'm really good at washing all the clothes. I'm obsessed with the … [Read More...]
Thu, 07 May 2015 19 Comments
This Rosemary Ranch Salmon is delicious! The combo of the flavors creates a tender and savory sauce that is out of this world. When my son was 15 months old he was sitting on my lap and headbutted me so hard that he broke my nose. It was undeniably broken. There was a huge cracking noise and my … [Read More...]
Mon, 04 May 2015 11 Comments
This Strawberry Lemon Poppy Seed Bagel is covered in cream cheese that has been flavored with lemon juice, almond, and poppy seeds. Top it with sliced strawberries and you have a sweet treat for breakfast. Mother's Day is this weekend! My husband started the tradition of making me steak on crab … [Read More...]
Sun, 03 May 2015 10 Comments
This is a copycat version of Chili's Queso Dip which is one of my family's favorites. Throw together in the slow cooker or heat on the stove, either way it's a quick crowd pleasing appetizer. We don't go out often with all five kids mainly because we aren't masochists. Until our kids get a little … [Read More...]
Fri, 01 May 2015 3 Comments
This Queso Fresco Dip is as fresh as it gets. Only a couple of ingredients and you have a tasty appetizer for Cinco De Mayo! My sons have birthdays back-to-back in March and April so I pretty much feel like I've eaten cake every week for the last month. Not to mention my son was also baptized … [Read More...]
Thu, 30 Apr 2015 18 Comments
These Soft Cinnamon Rolls are an absolute no-fail recipe filled with cinnamon and covered with cream cheese frosting. Vanilla pudding in the dough keeps the whole roll soft not just the center. I'm not one for surprises. I remember when I was nine months pregnant with my second son I had spent … [Read More...]
Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11 Comments
These Salsa Verde Enchiladas are an easy casserole that freezes great. And it's gluten-free! I was asked to bring in a meal to someone this week and found out that she had to have a gluten-free diet. I'll admit that I could be more aware of gluten-free foods but since I don't have any issues with … [Read More...]
Sun, 19 Apr 2015 7 Comments
Who said you can't have treats when trying to eat healthy? These Chocolate Peanut Butter Apples with Coconut and Almonds are only 156 calories. Great for an afternoon snack! I've lost my fair share of weight over the years. Being pregnant and gaining at least 35 pounds with each child means that … [Read More...]