Fri, 30 Jan 2015 7 Comments
This Sinfully Delicious and Easy Chocolate Bundt Cake will make you a rock star with your friends and family. An incredibly moist cake topped with decadent chocolate glaze. So easy and impressive.
Here’s the deal. I’ve made tons of cakes from scratch and THIS cake is much easier and even better in my opinion. Literally when people eat this they say, “THIS IS SO GOOD!” So all my friends who say they can’t cook, you can do this! And it will make you the most popular lady in town.
This Sinfully Delicious and Easy Bundt Cake comes from my sister Shelly who is one of the best cooks I know. She has the talent of making everything beautiful and homey. I even bribed Shelly to help decorate my house thousands of miles away. Her best friend Denise is equally talented. Between the two of them, they have 12 kids. They happen to live in the same cul-de-sac and their kids even ended up marrying each other. Isn’t that two best friends’ dream?
Shelly Russell and Denise Smoot from Hearth and Sold.
They are both licensed real estate agents in the State of Utah and with an Interior Design degree they can help make your home beautiful. If you’re looking for a real estate agent in Utah check them out at Hearth and Sold.
I’m sure this isn’t the last you’ll see of them. They’re both amazing cooks and I’m always trying to get my hands on their recipes.
Here’s the line up of ingredients:
The batter will be thick. Spoon it into the well greased Bundt pan and bake until it looks like this. The beauty of this cake is its incredibly moist center. Yep. I said moist. Moist, moist, moist, moist. Why does that word freak people out?
After the cake has cooled, pour the chocolate glaze on top.
To add some color and freshness, raspberries are great on this. Strawberries would be good too!
- 1 (15.25-oz) box Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 (5.9-oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup canola oil (or vegetable)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips (you can replace this with all semi-sweet chips)
- 3 cups Cool Whip topping (see Note for substitution)
- (optional) chocolate shavings and raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a Bundt pan well with non-stick spray.
- For the cake: In a large bowl, stir the cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil, eggs, and sour cream until combined well. You can also do this with a mixer. Fold in the 1½ cups chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the Bundt pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. My oven cooks fast and it was done after 50 minutes so make sure you start checking it then. Let cake cool 5-10 minutes in the pan and then invert on a plate. Cool completely.
- For the Glaze: In a microwave safe bowl, heat both chocolate chips and the Cool Whip for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. The mixture will be a little thin but will thicken a bit as it sets. If you like a thicker glaze add about ½ cup or more of powdered sugar and stir until smooth before glazing the cake.
- Pour over the cooled chocolate cake. Top with chocolate shavings and raspberries if desired. Top with additional whipped cream if you like.
Source: Hearth and Sold
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 13 Comments
This is the Best Bean Dip Ever - creamy, spicy, and the perfect texture for dipping. Bring it to a friend's house to watch the game and it'll be a hit.During my last pregnancy I had an overwhelming craving for bean dip. I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for but I was sure if I tasted enough … [Read More...]
Sun, 25 Jan 2015 23 Comments
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Ritz Bars are seriously to die for! They taste similar to a Reese's Peanut Butter cup but with crunchy pretzels too for extra salty crunch. These may be some of my favorite treats I've ever made. When cravings hit these Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Ritz Bars … [Read More...]
Fri, 23 Jan 2015 5 Comments
This Easy Taco Bake is a pasta dish that tastes just like a taco! It can easily be made ahead of time and freezes great. People always assume that I'm this fantastic gourmet chef and always have been. The truth is that I was a horrible cook. Eating, yes, I have always been good at that. But the … [Read More...]
Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15 Comments
This Chocolate-covered Potato Chip Popcorn is a sweet and salty treat that is so addicting.If you've never tried a chocolate-covered potato chip you are missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures. The salty sweet combo is out of this world!This recipe comes from my friend Ashton from Something … [Read More...]
Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19 Comments
This Cauliflower Soup is so creamy and filled with vegetables to warm you on a chilly night. Add a little hot sauce for some extra kick. We just saw the Cirque Du Soleil show Amaluna. If you're not familiar with the show it's a mixture of circus arts and street entertainment. It's a-maz-ing. I … [Read More...]
Fri, 09 Jan 2015 9 Comments
Chili and Ham Breakfast Strata - layered with sourdough, cheddar and ham. This is great for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. Great for company because it's assembled the night before. I was watching my barely 1-year-old play with her baby doll. She was caressing her hair and giving it hugs. … [Read More...]
Mon, 05 Jan 2015 12 Comments
These Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes are hearty and filling. This tried and true recipe comes from the Duggar family. If all 19 of their kids approve, yours should too! Make a batch and freeze them for a quick and healthy breakfast. I might be the only mother out there who dreaded back to school today. I … [Read More...]
Sun, 04 Jan 2015 11 Comments
This Malted Pretzel Crunch is filled with pretzels, brown sugar, malted milk powder, and butter. The salty/sweet combination is great for snacking. One of my favorite quotes is, "No one ever got fat from eating one cookie and no one ever got skinny from eating one salad." What I love about … [Read More...]
Tue, 30 Dec 2014 13 Comments
The Top 14 recipes of 2014 on The Girl Who Ate Everything. The first 10 recipes are the ones that you guys liked the most and the last 4 are recipes that I fell in love with that didn't quite make the list. I can't believe that 2014 is almost over. It was a crazy and unforgettable year. Food is a … [Read More...]