This Swiss Chicken is great for one of those busy nights! Just throw it in the oven for a quick and easy meal. I’m back. I survived the St. George marathon. It was brutal. It was unusually hot for this time of year and the heat sucked the life out of me. My Ipod froze right from the get go. It’s happened once before and decided to happen once again at the start of the marathon. I was stuck on two ABBA songs for the whole race. I officially never want to hear ABBA again.
“Dancing Queen” isn’t exactly the best song to get you motivated. Guess I can check marathon off the bucket list. Check.
|My sister Shelly, my nephew Scott, and me|
- 6-8 chicken breasts
- 6-8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 6 ounce box Stove Top Stuffing
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breast to even out the thickness of the chicken. You can place the chicken between to layers of saran wrap and use a rolling pin or a meat mallet if you have one. If I buy the Costco chicken breasts I just slice them in half horizontally and skip the meat pounding step.
- Place chicken breasts in a sprayed 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Top chicken with the slices of Swiss cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix soup and milk until well blended.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Top the chicken with the dry stuffing mix. You may not need all of it. Just make sure you have an even layer. Drizzle stuffing with melted butter.
- Baked covered with foil for 35-45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5-10 minutes longer. Serves 6-8.
Source: Real Mom Kitchen