Easy Roasted Asparagus
There are lots of ways to cook asparagus but this Roasted Asparagus is one of the best and easiest way to enjoy this vegetable side dish.
OVEN ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE
I always thought I would be a mom of all boys. After I had my third son I figured that’s all we were capable of making together – that my husband only carried ‘Y’ chromosomes.
People were so sad and sorry for me when I had my third boy and I was totally happy with it. Healthy, happy boys – what’s there to complain about? I was a tomboy growing up.
Why am I talking about all this? Let’s get real here. Asparagus – to little boys what’s the coolest thing about asparagus?
Don’t make me say it out loud. This is a food blog after all. Be rest assured that there’s some quiet elbowing and whispering at the table every time we eat asparagus because they know what happens in the bathroom after you eat asparagus.
Asparagus, broccoli, and salad are some of the veggies my kids will eat without complaining.
My friend Susie sent me this simple recipe and it’s such a good one to have on hand. We loved it! The best way to make asparagus with simple ingredients and a great healthy side dish. You can add Parmesan cheese if you like to this basic recipe.
HOW TO ROAST ASPARAGUS
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Add the asparagus stalks to the pan and drizzle with olive oil. Toss gently with hands and make sure asparagus spears are lined in an even layer on the pan.
Sprinkle with salt and bread crumbs.
Bake for 10 minutes or until tender. You may have to bake longer depending on the thickness of your asparagus.
OTHER VEGETABLE RECIPES:
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Vinegar Browned Butter
- Asparagus with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Parmesan Crusted Asparagus
- Perfectly Roasted Carrots
- Spinach Parmesan Rice Bake
- Corn Souffle
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound asparagus, , washed and woody ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Add the asparagus to the pan and drizzle with olive oil. Toss gently with hands and make sure asparagus is lined in a single layer on the pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until tender. You may have to bake longer depending on the thickness of your asparagus.
This looks so good! There has been tons of asparagus at the store lately. I’ll have to pick some up this weekend! I love roasted veggies- such an easy and healthy side.
Yes, I love roasted vegetables too!
I love asparagus, but I never knew about the… uh, side effect until I got married and my husband was shocked to hear that I had never noticed the smell. We spent several years thinking the other person was fully crazy before Google saved the day. Apparently only some people have the ability to smell the effects! Both of us, vindicated 🙂
Who knew?! That’s so funny and hilarious! I’ll have to tell my boys.