Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
SHEET PAN VEGGIES RECIPE
I love making treats but at the end of the day I have to feed my whole family. If it’s healthy with colorful vegetables and on one-pan, that is a win! You can make this on busy weeknights using your favorite veggies.
- ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE – This is a highly spiced sausage. If you want something a little milder you can substitute it with any smoked sausage, like kielbasa. You can use any type of sausage. You could also use beef sausage, chicken sausage or turkey sausage if you wanted.
- BELL PEPPERS – I like to use red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, or yellow bell peppers. Green peppers tend to get bitter when roasted for a long time.
- ZUCCHINI SQUASH – You can use yellow squash as well.
- RED ONION – I like the way red onion roasts up but a yellow onion would work as well.
- BROCCOLI FLORETS – Make sure you get these fully coated in olive oil so that tops doesn’t burn.
- OLIVE OIL – To help things fully roast.
- SEASONINGS – garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- DIJON MUSTARD – This gives is just enough flavor to make it pop.
- PARMESAN CHEESE – A little Parmesan cheese on top is the best part.
- Use a large enough sheet pan. I have this 21x15x1 pan that gives the ingredients plenty of room to roast. You can also use two smaller pans. Make sure you layer every thing in a single layer so it can roast properly. A large baking sheet helps here.
- Vary your veggies: Other veggies that would work well would be cauliflower, green beans, yellow squash, Yukon potatoes, red potatoes, sweet potatoes, baby potatoes or Brussels sprouts.
- .Add red pepper flakes to up the heat factor or lemon pepper.
- Cut your veggies into smaller pieces so they cook faster.
- Make sure you layer every thing in a single layer so it can roast properly. A large baking sheet helps here.
- Add red pepper flakes to up the heat factor.
OTHER SHEET PAN RECIPES
- Sheet Pan Philly Cheesesteaks
- Easy Greek Chicken
- Sheet Pan Hash Browns
- Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
- Lemon Sheet Cake
- One-Pan Beef Burrito Skillet
- One-Pan Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Caprese Chicken Skillet
- One-Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice
- One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Skillet
- One-Pan Ham and Rice Skillet
Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- 1 (14 ounce) Andouille sausage, sliced into 1/4 inch slices, (smoked sausage or Kielbasa can be used as well)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups bell peppers, cut into 1-inch strips, (red, yellow, or orange peppers)
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced in half rounds
- 1 red onion, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste , (I use 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
- (optional) freshly grated Parmesan cheese to top
- (optional) chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line an extra large sheet pan (21X15x1) or two smaller sheet pans with parchment paper. Add the sausage, broccoli, bell peppers, zucchini, and red onion to the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and Dijon mustard. Pour over the sausage and veggies and sprinkle with all the spices and salt and pepper. Toss together well with tongs or your hands. Spread in an even layer on the pan. Veggies need room to roast. If they are crowded they will just steam.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Toss mixture and rotate the pan and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until sausage and veggies are done to your likeness.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan if desired and garnish with parsley.