Pecan Pie Muffins
Pecan Pie Muffins are a mix between a pie and a muffin. They have a muffin texture with a soft gooey inside like a mini Southern pecan pie. This recipe is one of the highest used recipes during the fall especially for Thanksgiving!
PECAN PIE MUFFINS
For a second, I had the idea of giving you guys a beautiful step by step tutorial on how to make the perfect Thanksgiving turkey. But quite frankly making a turkey is something I do once a year and I don’t have enough motivation to do it more than that.
The actual process of making a turkey isn’t that hard but if you screw up the bird, Thanksgiving is ruined. In my nightmare, I imagine everyone sitting around a huge table staring sadly at their empty plates and then at me.
Sooooo, instead I’m sharing some Pecan Pie Muffins that a reader Tammy sent me a long time ago. I want to call these Puffins because they’re pie/muffins. I felt like they were more pie than muffin but my husband felt the opposite.
These Pecan Pie Muffins are super easy to throw together with only five ingredients. Tammy swears if you just under-bake them, they really taste like a pecan pie and she’s right. They have crispy chewy edges and a soft gooey center. If you’re scared of butter you should just walk away now. Just sayin’. The only way you can screw these up is to not properly grease your pan. Baker’s Joy spray works really well here.
HOW TO MAKE PECAN PIE MUFFINS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease mini or regular muffin cups generously.
In a medium bowl, beat the butter and eggs together. Pecans should be about this size.
- Stir in brown sugar, flour and pecans.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake for 12-13 minutes for mini muffins or 15-17 minutes for regular size muffins.
- Run a knife around the edge of each muffin and pop it out.
- Classic Stuffing Recipe
- Green Bean Casserole
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Heavenly Green Beans
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Corn Souffle
- Ruth’s Chris Sweet Potatoes
- Lion House Rolls
- Cranberry Sauce
OTHER PIE RECIPES
- Banana Cream Pie
- Peanut Butter Pie
- S’mores Pie
- Cherry Cheese Pie
- Boston Cream Pie
- Lemon Pie
- Peaches and Cream Pie
- Turtle Pie
- Nacho Pot Pie
- Pecan Pie Bars
Pecan Pie Muffins
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease mini or regular muffin cups generously. Grease them well or they will stick. In medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and pecans. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and eggs together. Stir in dry ingredients just until combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake for 12-13 minutes for mini muffins or 15-17 minutes for regular size muffins. Run a knife around the edge of each muffin and pop it out.