Corn Stuffing Balls
Imagine stuffing in the form of an individually portioned ball. That’s what these Corn Stuffing Balls are! If you’re looking for an alternative to traditional stuffing for Thanksgiving, these Corn Stuffing Balls are for you!
CORN STUFFING BALLS
Thanksgiving is just a couple of days away. I’m not stressed at all this year about the meal. I’m hosting and I’ve definitely had my oops moments in the past (hello gummy mashed potatoes and rock hard gravy).
All those are learning curves along the way and I’m sure I’ll learn something this year the hard way, but that’s life.
One of the traditions my friend Claire introduced us to last year was pie in the park. Basically after you’ve eaten your Thanksgiving meal, all of our friends meet in the park and share pies.
We had over 20 pies last year and it was so nice to taste a little bit of everything or four versions of an apple pie.
The only part that I guess is a little strange is that it’s like hey I don’t value our friendship enough to have the actual dinner with you but let’s meet up for dessert?
That could be the overthinker in me talking.
This is halfway in between homemade and out of the box, hence the theme of this blog.
While I don’t think these Corn Stuffing Balls are best for a crowd, they definitely would be perfect for a smaller group. Little individual servings of stuffing, I mean how cute is that?
I can’t tell you how good my house smelled after making these!
OTHER THANKSGIVING RECIPES:
- Classic Stuffing Recipe
- Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Corn Souffle
- Ruth’s Chris Sweet Potato Casserole
- Traditional Bread Stuffing
- Cranberry Sauce
Corn Stuffing Balls
Imagine stuffing in the form of an individually portioned ball. That's what these Corn Stuffing Balls are!
- 6 cups herb-seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup butter divided
- 1 14.75 ounce can cream-style corn
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs yolks beaten
- Place croutons in a large bowl and set aside. In a skillet, saute celery and onion in 1/2 cup butter. Add the corn, water, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Pour over croutons. Add egg yolks and mix gently. Shape 1/2 cupfuls into balls; flatten slightly. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over stuffing balls. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
In a large bowl, add the croutons and set aside for later.
In a skillet, melt 1/2 cup of the butter and saute the celery and onion until soft. Add the creamed corn, water, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
Pour mixture over croutons. Add the egg yolks and mix to combine. Scoop 1/2 cup balls of the mixture, flatten slightly, and place on baking sheet.
Melt remaining 1/4 cup of butter and drizzle over stuffing balls.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Source: Taste of Home