Cranberry Sauce Recipe
This fresh Cranberry Sauce recipe is made with just a few ingredients and so good! Fresh cranberries, orange juice, sugar, vanilla, and orange zest. Perfect for the holiday season to accompany turkey for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. This easy recipe takes 10 minutes!
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE
I’m not a fan of cranberry sauce in the can so I thought maybe making it from scratch would change my mind. It did! The orange with the cranberry compliment each other so much and it’s way better than the canned stuff.
I’ve never thought of cranberry sauce as a must at my Thanksgiving table but now I do.
This delicious homemade cranberry sauce is made with basic ingredients you can find at the grocery store.
- whole cranberries
- white sugar – you can adjust the amount of sugar to your personal preference.
- fresh orange juice
- orange zest – For stronger orange flavor use more orange zest.
CAN I MAKE THIS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes. You can make this up to one week ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
This perfect cranberry sauce is great on leftover turkey sandwiches.
OTHER THANKSGIVING RECIPES:
- Thanksgiving Turkey
- Classic Stuffing Recipe
- Green Bean Casserole
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Heavenly Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Corn Souffle
- Ruth’s Chris Sweet Potato Casserole
- Lion House Rolls
- ALL MY PIE RECIPES
- 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar, (or less sugar to taste)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch cinnamon and nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, bring all of the ingredients to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes over medium-high heat or until cranberries burst. Let cool. Chill in the fridge until serving. Store leftover cranberry sauce in an airtight container in the fridge.