Moist Carrot Cake
This Moist Carrot Cake is unbelievably moist and full of flavor. Carrots, crushed pineapple, cinnamon, and nutmeg give this carrot cake that classic taste. I know everyone likes their carrot cake made differently but this version stole my heart. The perfect dessert for Easter.
MOIST CARROT CAKE
If you’re looking for an easy moist carrot cake, this is it! Easter is just around the corner and you cannot have Easter without a good carrot cake in your back pocket.
This is a sheet cake which means no double layers, no intimidating frosting job…it’s pretty straight and forward. This version uses crushed pineapple and oil to get it’s incredible moisture.
I know you might be cringing at the oil part but in my opinion you just can’t get that kind of moisture with butter.
I have replaced half of the oil with applesauce and it works great so know that can be an option.
DIFFERENT CARROT CAKE RECIPES
Full transparency I have three carrot cake recipes on my site. Here’s the breakdown.
- This Moist Carrot Cake in this post – this is made in a 9×13 and the most pineapple out of all the recipes giving it the most moisture. This is the most popular carrot cake recipe on my site.
- Carrot Cake recipe: This recipe is full of spices and has a bigger crumb.
- Easter Carrot Cake recipe: Is my go-to. It’s no fuss, always turns out, and is super moist with pineapple in the batter.
CARROT CAKE FROSTING
The cream cheese frosting is a little different than my favorite cream cheese frosting. I usually like equal parts butter and cream cheese but with carrot cake you want a little bit more of the tangy cream cheese flavor to come through.
I said the pecans were optional but I really liked them on top for texture and taste. Enjoy!
OTHER EASTER RECIPES:
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting
- Easter Bunny Cake
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Watergate Salad
- Carrot Cake
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Funeral Potatoes
Moist Carrot Cake
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 can, (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package, (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- (optional) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients until well blended. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg; gradually beat into carrot mixture. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. You can cover it with foil towards the end if the top looks like it's getting too brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For the frosting: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth adding a little milk if needed. Spread over cooled cake and topped with pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving.