I wanted to try the Cheddar Bay biscuits I found on allrecipes which are supposed to be just like those addicting biscuits at Red Lobster but I didn’t have any Bisquick so…I found these babies instead on the Pioneer Woman’s website that were very similar. Everything I have made from her website has been delicious so I knew I couldn’t miss. I still added the melted butter glaze from the Cheddar Bay biscuit recipe because that’s how I roll but if you are trying to have less rolls on your belly you could leave it off. I’m nine months pregnant so WHY NOT have some butter, RIGHT?!
If you love these you’ll love these Easy Cheese Biscuits.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick melted butter (I used salted)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- For the muffins: Whisk together dry ingredients, then stir in cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, and butter together. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Bake in greased muffin tins at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Make sure they are cooked all the way and not doughy. Best when eaten warm!
- For the Butter Glaze: Combine ingredients and brush it over the warm rolls with a pastry brush. I only needed about 1/4 of the butter mixture the recipe made for my rolls.
Made the whole batch forgot the cheese.no problem stuffed it into each biscuit they were delicious just the same! Used fresh parsley also. Thanks so much, found this on pinterest.
These are amazing! I only use about 1-1&1/2 cups finely shredded cgeddar, I never have 3 cups on hand! I suck at rolling out biscuits but these are a breeze!
Thanks so much for this recipe. It contains everything I have on hand and is SO easy. The rolls received great reviews from our family last night, and I’m making them again tonight! I realized that it can make about 12 muffins (should have assumed that from the beginning) instead of the very full 9 I made last night. Always fun to try a recipe again to see what I can do better. 🙂
Oh, and I accidentally left off the 1/4 cup of butter last night and they tasted awesome. I added it in tonight and am sure they’ll taste even better! Thanks again. 🙂
You’re right! Oh my gosh…I don’t know how that got erased.
I’m going to assme that first ingredient for the muffins is flour (?!)
Did you put the glaze on after you baked the rolls or before? Make sure you don’t do it until after. If you waited until after maybe fill you tins with less so they don’t overflow.
they looked very good on here, but I started to cook them and they started to bubble and the juice got every where.
Stop by anytime. I guess we all find time for the things we love and I happen to love food!
hi christy- i love looking at food and recipes, even though i almost never cook… and everything on your blog looks amazing! i love checking up on it!! (i found it through laura’s.) can’t imagine how you have time to do this with your 2 boys and being pregnant! but thanks for doing it!