I wanted to try the Cheddar Bay biscuits I found on allrecipes which are supposed to be just like those addicting biscuits at Red Lobster but I didn’t have any Bisquick so…I found these babies instead on the Pioneer Woman’s website that were very similar. Everything I have made from her website has been delicious so I knew I couldn’t miss. I still added the melted butter glaze from the Cheddar Bay biscuit recipe because that’s how I roll but if you are trying to have less rolls on your belly you could leave it off. I’m nine months pregnant so WHY NOT have some butter, RIGHT?!
If you love these you’ll love these Easy Cheese Biscuits.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick melted butter (I used salted)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- For the muffins: Whisk together dry ingredients, then stir in cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, and butter together. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Bake in greased muffin tins at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Make sure they are cooked all the way and not doughy. Best when eaten warm!
- For the Butter Glaze: Combine ingredients and brush it over the warm rolls with a pastry brush. I only needed about 1/4 of the butter mixture the recipe made for my rolls.