Chicken and Broccoli Bake
This Chicken and Broccoli Bake is a tried and true recipe that we’ve been making for years. Creamy layers of broccoli and chicken topped with buttery breadcrumbs in this easy casserole.
People often assume that I’ve been cooking since I was little. I whipped up a couple of boxed brownie mixes in high school but other than that I didn’t really start cooking until I got married to my huge husband and realized I had to feed him. It became my new passion.
Cookbooks were my favorite gift and Sundays would be spent thumbing through and marking recipes that I wanted to make that week.
One of the recipe books that I started my cooking adventures with was the Lion House cookbook. After all, these popular Lion House Rolls are hands down my favorite and this Strawberry Wonton Spinach Salad is a derivative of one of their recipes as well.
So when they asked if I would like to share a recipe from their first comprehensive Lion House Cookbook with over 500 recipes from all of their cookbooks combined I was more than happy to say yes.
It’s the cookbook you give to a new bride or budding cook. This Chicken and Broccoli Bake recipe is actually one that I made when I was first married.
The broccoli/chicken combo happens a lot in our kitchen for dinner. So much that my kids might need to go to therapy for it someday.
But they scarfed this Chicken and Broccoli Bake down! Start by layering your broccoli, chicken, creamy cheese sauce, and then breadcrumbs with a little butter on top.
Bake until the crumbs get nice and golden.
Dinner is done!
Chicken and Broccoli Bake
This Chicken and Broccoli Bake is a tried and true recipe that we've been making for years. Creamy layers of broccoli and chicken topped with buttery breadcrumbs in this easy casserole.
- 4 chicken breast halves (about 2-3 cups cooked chicken if you already have some)
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli florets, cooked until tender crisp
- 1 (10.5-oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup salad dressing (like Miracle Whip)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces.
- if you don't already have cooked chicken, cook chicken breasts in water to cover for about 20-30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray. Layer broccoli in bottom of pan; place chicken pieces on top of broccoli.
- Mix soup, milk, mayonnaise, salad dressing, cheddar cheese, and lemon juice. Spread on top of chicken.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, and top with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Source: slightly adapted from The Lion House Cookbook