Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies
These Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies are super soft and chewy rolled in sugar for a slightly crispy edge.
I originally posted these Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies in 2010 but had to share this cookie recipe again.
CHEWY COCONUT LIME SUGAR COOKIES
Our most recent leg of our vacation was to Las Vegas for the Garth Brooks charity in which we are involved. We were able to meet some of the kids that the foundation helped out which was awesome.
We were put up in style at the Wynn hotel. All I have are 2 words for you: hospitality suite.
The hospitality suite was a suite that had access to computers, snacks (not mention the drawers of candy bars), and drinks for anyone that was part of the charity for the down time between meetings and events.
As you know I have a hard time saying no to free treats so every time I left the hospitality suite I had at least two of their freshly baked pancake-sized cookies.
I had good intentions of saving them for later up in my room but they never quite made it past the elevator ride.
That happened more times than I would like to mention. I’m not sure at what point my husband started calling me me the Cookie Monster but I can’t deny that it was a name that I earned. What happens in Vegas…stays in Vegas.
Since I can’t share with you the cookies I had in Vegas…and believe me I wish I could share some of those calories I consumed…I wanted to share one of my favorite cookies of the summer.
These Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies! This cookie dough is the bomb.
The toasted coconut adds a great texture and flavor. These are unbelievably chewy and melt in your mouth. The lime flavor is so refreshing!
If you love these Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies, you’ll love these cookie recipes:
Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- zest of one large lime , finely minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup unsweetened toasted coconut
- ½ cup sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. If you haven't already toasted your coconut just put a layer of coconut on a cookie sheet and bake it at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Watch out. It goes from white to burnt really quick if you aren't watching closely.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla extract (and coconut extract if using), lime juice and lime zest.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients and toasted coconut.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. I made mine too big and they ran together. These do spread quite a bit. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
- Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks
You don't have to add coconut extract but if you're an avid coconut lover feel free to add it.
Source: My Baking Addiction