Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies
Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies are Biscoff coated Chex cereal with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. A great snack for those with nut allergies.
COOKIE BUTTER MUDDY BUDDIES
I was headed to the kitchen to make the classic muddy buddies for a weekend at the cabin and remembered my nephew that is allergic to nuts and thought I should make something everyone could enjoy. That’s how these were born.
It’s no secret I love cookie butter and after testing these several times I have the perfect batch for you.
- CHEX CEREAL – You can use Corn Chex or Rice Chex. Both are great here.
- COOKIE BUTTER – Biscoff is the most common brand of cookie butter and is usually sold next to the peanut butters.
- VANILLA CANDY COATING, ALMOND BARK, OR WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS – this is the base coating on the cereal mixture. I have tested all of these and they all work great in this recipe. See below for more info on allergies.
- POWDERED SUGAR – This is used to give a nice coating on top of the Biscoff.
- BISCOFF COOKIES – Lotis is the most notable brand of Biscoff cookies and can be found at most grocery stores.
WHAT IS BISCOFF?
Biscoff is a unique biscuit cookie from Belgium. Cookie butter is a sweet creamy spread made with Lotus Biscoff cookies (57%), sugar, and oils.
It can be difficult to make treats that are allergy free but it’s possible! Here’s the breakdown of each ingredient you can use for the coating.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS – This is your safest bet. It’s nut free and melts with a great consistency with the cookie butter.
- ALMOND BARK/CANDY COATING – Almond bark does NOT actually have almonds in it. It is called that because it is used to coat almonds. It is made from oils and sugars. Candy coating such as Candiquik is also not made with nuts. What both of these do say is that they may be processed in a facility that processes nuts. For most nut allergies this is not an issue but for extremely sensitive allergies it is of concern.
- BISCOFF COOKIES – do have gluten in them so these are not gluten-free.
CAN I DOUBLE THIS?
Yes. In fact, if you double this it is exactly one 12 ounce box of Chex.
Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies
- 6 ounces Corn or Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup Biscoff spread (cookie butter), (can be found by the peanut butter)
- 4 ounces almond bark, Candiquik, or white chocolate chips, (about 1/2 cup if using white chocolate chips)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, (plus up to 1/2 cup more as desired)
- 1/2 cup Biscoff cookies, crumbled
- In a large bowl, add the cereal.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat Biscoff and the almond bark, Candiquik, or white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth.
- Pour over cereal and stir thoroughly until well coated. Sprinkle with the powdered sugar and stir until fully coated. You can add up to another 1/2 cup of powdered sugar as needed to coat if you wish. Try to not add very much if you can so that you can taste the cookie butter and it just doesn't taste like powdered sugar.
- Sprinkle the Biscoff cookies on top. Store in an airtight container.