Baked Coconut Shrimp
BAKED COCONUT SHRIMP
We had a lot of fun with our friends that were visiting. We shared a lot of good food, a lot of old memories, AND…a violent stomach bug that rocked us all to our core.
It slowly made its way through our families and after bragging about my solid immune system, I was hit with it today. So I don’t feel much like cooking, eating, or even looking at food (that doesn’t happen often).
I saw on the news today that Florida is the only state that does not have snow in it. So for those of you shivering in the snow, this recipe will make you feel like you are on an island somewhere, lying in the warm sun, snuggling your toes in the hot sand.
Although these coconut shrimp can be enjoyed as an appetizer, I often turn it into a meal by adding a simple green salad.
Don’t feel too guilty eating these as your main course; they’re baked and a much healthier alternative to the fried version.
OTHER SHRIMP RECIPES
- Creamy Shrimp Enchiladas
- Easy Shrimp Tostadas
- Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa
- Creamy Mushroom and Shrimp Pasta
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Baked Coconut Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Combine lime juice, jalapeno pepper, and pineapple preserves in a small bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl beat egg whites with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Place cornstarch and coconut on two separate plates. Hold shrimp by the tail and dip and coat the shrimp with cornstarch. Next, dip the shrimp in the egg whites and finally in the coconut coating well.
- Place shrimp on the cookie sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until coconut is a golden brown. Make sure to turn it once halfway through (around 8 minutes into cooking time) to make sure both sides brown. Serve with pineapple dipping sauce.