Apple Muffins are incredibly moist and full of cinnamon apple flavor. Super easy to make and a great way to use up those apples you have laying around. Add this one to your “keeper” file because these apple muffins are a tasty breakfast. If you want to make a healthy version of these apple muffins, replace the oil with applesauce.
They are so easy. I literally had them in the oven in under 10 minutes. We sat down to watch television and I handed John a warm muffin.
He semi-shouted “Wow.”
I quickly scanned the TV to see what I had missed.
“No…the muffins. They’re really good.“
HOW TO MAKE APPLE MUFFINS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with paper liners.
Cream together sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick. Add the diced apples.
Fill paper liners almost to the top, about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes.
OTHER BREAKFAST MUFFINS:
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Banana Crumb Muffins
- Apple Butter
- Blueberry Croissant Puff
- Apple Streusel Coffee Cake
- Apple Crisp Cream Danish
- 2 cups sugar, (or use 1 1/2 cups for a less sweet muffin)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups peeled, cored, diced apples (around 3 apples)
- Brown sugar for topping, (around 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with 18 paper liners.
- With a mixer, cream together sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla. The mixture should be a pale yellow.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick almost like the texture of cookie dough. Mix in the diced apples. The dough will loosen up a bit when the apples are mixed in.
- Fill paper liners almost to the top, about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle each muffin top generously with brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes. Makes 18 muffins.
NUTRITIONAL INFO: This is calculated without the brown sugar topping since that varies.
Source: Marissa Pinon
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 13.2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 39.3gSugar: 24gProtein: 2.7g