Apple Crisp Cheese Danish
This Apple Crisp Cheese Danish recipe is a creamy cheesecake filling with a lots of oat and cinnamon topping piled on top of crescent dough. If you want a dessert/breakfast/brunch recipe, this recipe is for you!
APPLE CRISP CHEESE DANISH
Sometimes my family gets the short end of the stick when it comes to meals. Oh yes, I have made some fabulous meals in my time.
But more often than not they get whatever I shot that day when the light was good…reheated. And to be honest, that’s on a good day.
What did my family eat? Spaghetti with a Caesar salad from the bag. Gourrrrmet. See I told ya. They’re soooo lucky.
I mean can’t we eat this Apple Crisp Cheese Danish for dinner? My husband helped me come up with the name. I had a whole list of names that were either too long or…well they all were just too long.
Apple Crisp Cheesecake Crescent Ring, Apple Cream Cheese Crisp Pastry, Apple Cream Cheese Danish with Apple Crisp Topping. See this is what food bloggers do. Obsess over stuff that no one else cares about.
And then it was midnight. Although that’s not rare at all. What’s rare…is going to bed before midnight.
I gave up, shouted to the kitchen where my husband was devouring it and said, “What should I name her?”
“Apple Crisp Cheese Danish.”
This beauty is impressive enough for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. I love it warm or room temperature. I don’t love crescent dough cold so I would steer away from that.
OTHER APPLE RECIPES
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Apple Crumble
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Apple Dumplings
- Sopapilla Cheesecake
- Apple Crisp Pizza
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple filling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- (optional) caramel for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 15" pizza pan or stone with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- Unroll the crescent dough into triangles. Reserve 4 triangles for later. Arrange the triangles on the pizza pan or stone with the points pointing towards the center. Press seams together to form a circle. Using the bottom of the glass, cut a circle in the center and remove circle of dough.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the crescent dough leaving a margin on the edges.
- Spoon the apple filling evenly on top of the cream cheese filling.
- Take reserved 4 triangles of crescent dough and cut each into 3 strips lengthwise. Take each strip of dough and twist it and drape it over the the filling connecting it on the center of the ring to the outside of the ring. Please note that this does not have to be exact. I had to use an extra triangle for my crescent circle so I only had 3 triangles to split up. Have fun and use your creativity.
- For the crumble: Combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl. Mix well. I like to use my clean hands to get in there and mush it together until it's the texture of wet sand. Sprinkle topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crescent dough is nice and golden.
- Cut into slices and serve warm. Place a ramekin of caramel in the center for drizzling on top if desired.
Best served the same day.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g