Chicken Parmesan Meatball Sliders – so easy and always a crowd pleaser. You can serve them as appetizers or dinner like I usually do!
Do you ever feel like the world is against you? This morning I woke up feeling subpar fighting off the symptoms of what everyone else at church had on Sunday. The cherry on top? A huge cold sore on my lip. And my face is peeling because I used too much Retin-A. I look like a mix between the Crypt Keeper and a zombie from the Walking Dead. I decided to motor through it and workout because sometimes that makes me feel better. Forgot my phone, had to go home and get it because if there’s nothing worse than working out sick, it’s working out sick…without music. I get back to the gym and I can’t get in because there were two ambulances blocking the entry. All was well. Don’t think I’m so heartless that all I was worried about was my workout. My point was that the universe did not want me to work out this morning.
So I didn’t workout. Unless working out is browsing Pinterest on the eliptical, then yes. Yes, I did.
Even though after the Super Bowl I swore I would never eat again…here we are. In fact, I’ve made these twice this week because I had leftover slider buns. These Chicken Parmesan Sliders are homemade chicken meatballs topped with marinara and mozzarella. Add some basil if you have a basil plant in your kitchen and need to use it up before you kill the plant. Wait? Just me that has a black thumb?
My issue with chicken meatballs is usually the texture. I tested this recipe several different ways and it’s perfect. Not too soft, not hard. Just right.
|Chicken Parmesan Meatball Sliders|| |
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (NOT grated; if using grated see Note)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 slider rolls, halved horizontally
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine chicken, bread crumbs, garlic, oregano, salt, egg and Parmesan together in a bowl. Mix well and roll into 12 (1½-inch) meatballs.
- Place meatballs in an oven-proof skillet (baking dish works too). Bake until meatballs are cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven and spoon marinara over each meatball and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- For the glaze: mix the butter and garlic powder together. Brush over rolls and toast the rolls on a baking sheet for a couple of minutes. Place one meatball on each slider and enjoy! Garnish with basil if you have some and sprinkle some additional Parmesan on top!