This Spinach Ranch Dip is a twist on the classic spinach dip. Everyone will want to know what your “secret” ingredient is.
I spent last week in Nashville for an Old El Paso blogger trip. Can I add Nashville to the list of cities I want to live in someday? I loved walking down Broadway street in my Target boots (I’m such a poser), music bellowing from the local restaurants, and everyone welcoming us with friendly chatter. It was so nice compared to where I live in south Florida where no one even acknowledges you and if they do it’s with their middle finger. Mostly why I love Nashville is the love the city has for music. My heart and soul thrives on music. If I’m feeling down, I put on Pandora and immediately I’m in a better mood.
As I got up at 4:45 am to catch my flight back home, I noticed a trend of people getting ready to board our flight. Apparently there was a singer/songwriter convention in south Florida and all of the Nashville hopefuls were headed there. At our gate there were clusters of people with their guitars singing their hearts out without any inhibition or thought that 5 am might be a little early for that. As we started boarding we quickly ran out of overhead space – 26 guitars total were carried on! During the flight, people were strolling up and down the aisles, singing, heads leaned in together to share headphones – listening to each other’s cuts of new music. Then, we hit some major turbulence. The pilot told everyone to get in their seats and a slow trickle of singing started my all of the singers on the plane. As our plane took a major dive in the turbulence I thought to myself, If I’m gonna die, I’m glad it’s with these people. What can I say…”I’ve Got the Music in Me“.
Just as much as I love music, I love dips. I’ve earned my name as the Dip Queen over the years and have been known to replace dinner with an array of dips – luckily my husband feels the same way. I know I already have this Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip and this Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip, but this is Spinach Ranch Dip! Totally different. The flavor note is bumped up with some dry ranch seasoning – yasssss!
|Spinach Ranch Dip|| |
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, split into two ½ cup portions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Defrost the spinach. Place spinach in a colander and press it with a paper towel until as much moisture as possible is removed.
- Mix all ingredients (1/2 cup of the cheddar), and blend well.
- Put it in a shallow baking dish in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove from oven.
- While still hot top it with remaining cheese, heat in oven again for 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve with tortilla chips.